The COO provides day to day operations of the hospital. Implements strategy of CEO and Corporation. Manages hospital departments efficiently and effectively to maximize quality of services and profits of the hospital.
This leader also:
- Directs effective quality operations to maximize return on investment and community reputation. Increases revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintains or decreases the effective bad debt rate, achieves the margin percentage, and implements operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
- Develops and provides quality programs and service to the community. Manages and implements programs to ensure all employees are committed to quality and service.
- Manages and develops employees. Through appropriate management practices, creates a hospital climate to motivate employees to highest performance. Establishes direction, coaches employees, provides feedback, and builds commitment.
This opportunity provides the following:
• Challenging and rewarding work environment
• Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
• Competitive Compensation
• Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
• 401k plan with company match
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Relocation benefits
· Five years of hospital experience with a minimum of two to three years as a senior level manager is required.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Business, Health Administration or other closely related field.
· Must be organized and be able to manage multiple diverse departments.
· Must be detail oriented, focus on nuances of multiple hospital operations, and be able to manage communication with employees and vendors.
· Must be able to motivate, inspire, and communicate with individuals and groups.
· Knowledge of the financial implications of decisions including budgeting and forecasting is required.