The New Jersey Infrastructure Bank's (I-Bank) is a New Jersey independent state authority that jointly manages two separate financing programs, one in partnership with the NJDEP and one in partnership with the NJDOT to make loans for environmental and transportationinfrastructure projects respectively. The I-Bank jointly issues over $500 million in loans for water projects annually (an average of 80 projects per annum) with the NJ DEP and anticipates issuing over $40 million in transportationloans annually with NJ DOT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Chief Operating Officer - Water is a Senior Management position in charge of all operational functions related to the I-Bank Environmental Financing Program (Water Bank). The Chief Operating Officer - Water reports directly to the Executive Director and has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient coordination of Water Bank project application, technical reviews and construction and long-term financings (e.g. Notice of Intent and application submission through construction completion and long-term financing).
- This specific responsibility requires a thorough legal understanding of the I-Bank's statute and legal authority, the State's SRFqualification requirements, and familiarity with the program's processes;
- Increase the participation of applicants / borrowers in the Water Bank through the design of program parameters and outreach to clients, bond counsel, and other stakeholders;
- Attend / Participate / Present at conferences, meetings and marketing events as needed;
- Act as a liaison working with staff at the DEP, NJIB's Bond Counsel, State AG's Office, and other internal program stakeholders to coordinate borrower/project review issues;
- Manage the Water Bank's project management/construction team, and oversight of outside consultants when necessary;
- Includes hiring, administering annual performance reviews, assignments, discipline, etc.);
- Oversight of NJIB's Internal Controls audit, acting as team leader between the NJIB and the auditor;
- Development and implementation of Water Bank program procedures to improve efficiencies, customer service and advance the mission of the Water Bank;
- Development of performance metrics to assess Water Bank program efficiencies and improvements;
- Development and oversight of policies related to the Water Bank;
- Development of Scope of Work (SOWs) for Water Bank-related procurements of professional services and assist in the further development of RFP publications and RFP response reviews;
- Assist with automating Water Bank financing issues on the program's web-based platform (H2LOans);
- Assist w/ amending the Water Bank's regulations;
- Assist with the development of the I-Bank's annual Water Bank legislation (e.g. semi-annual appropriations, January and May Legislative Reports, quarterly Priority Lists, etc.);
- Oversight of NJIB legal matters related to Water Bank project-specific issues;
- Work with the Executive Director to develop various legal strategies and communications;
- Assist the Executive Director with Board Resolutions and other related documents in preparation of monthly Board meetings;
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and directing new loan programs; and
- Assist the I-Bank's Compliance Officer to ensure the Water Bank is compliant with statutes and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Five (5) years' experience in senior management position related to operations;
- Graduate degree in Law or MBA/finance, highly preferred;
- A Master's degree in a related, technical area of study may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel;
- Ability to interpret laws, rules and regulations and apply them to specific situations;
- Firm understanding of government business decision making processes;
- Firm understanding of laws effecting operations of government business entities;
- Firm understanding of technology and its application in the I-Bank's business processes;
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills;
- Highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to administer a wide array of program changes.
New Jersey state employees hired prior to September 1, 2011 who transfer from within the NJDEP or from another State of New Jersey appointing authority without a break in service greater than 7 days but who reside outside the State of New Jersey are not required to change their principal residence to New Jersey in order to comply with the act.
Authorization to Work:
Selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Regulations.
Interested Parties should forward a copy of a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. January 16, 2019
THE I-BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. DIVERSITY = STRENGTH!