Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Arts & Entertainment•
5 - 7 years
Posted 273 days ago
Our client, an arts organization recognized as a leader in the industry, is looking for a Chief Operating Officer to lead the team working toward their new museum! In this role, you'll use your professional expertise to ensure success from opening day onward: you'll establish processes and procedures for day to day operations and be responsible for oversight of management, including budgets, facilities, HR, guest services, IT, and security, among others. In addition, you'll also serve as primary liaison for senior management and third party contacts, and ensure that all operational practices are to city, state, and federal code. As the organization grows, you'll also provide personnel and administrative support, establishing new operational guidelines as required. This is an excellent opportunity to join what will surely become a work of living entertainment history!
You should have:
- a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or a related field [MBA's a plus!]
- a minimum of five years related experience in museum or arts organization management [experiencing opening a museum highly preferred]
- a high level of proficiency in day to day operational management, including equipment and supply procurement, company culture and vision, and health and safety plans
- excellent communicative, collaborative, leadership, and project management skills
- strong business acumen inclusive of budgeting
- experience in fundraising a plus!