Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
8 - 10 years
Posted 385 days agoby David Brontsema
The COO supports the work of the company's chief executive officer focusing on the establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations in the company.
The company is a Private Equity backed $300mm in revenue commercial printing company located in the Los Angeles area. This is a new position. They are seeking a hands on growth oriented COO candidate with the following background.
Management Responsibilities of the COO:
1. Advise the management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
2. Strategic planning and resource allocation
3. Establish operational processes/ process improvement
4. Manage company strategy implementation, in particular regarding company budgets and timelines
5. Ensure quality control of all company output as pertains to customer acquisition and delivery of services
6. Ensure all department heads are fully informed of operational objectives
7. Set operational and / or performance goals for each department which are aggressive, achievable and tied to long-term goals
8. Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
9. Monitor department performance against performance goals to ensure that progress is being made
10.Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good.
11.Ensure activities comply with organisational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care.
12.Facilitate resolution of issues between departments.
13.Take charge in high-priority crises.
Personal characteristics required for chief operating officer:
• Ability to lead, plan and manage change
• Passion, or the willingness to become immersed in work
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• The ability to set priorities
• Good communication skills