As a key member of the President's Leadership Team, the Chief Operations Officer (COO) will champion quality, develop strong partnerships and provide focused leadership on operational performance, and clinical transformation in the hospital and ambulatory environment. The COO will help drive the organization to thrive, expand its footprint, and bolster the institution's reputation for exceptional care.
The COO will:
- Work closely in a dyad relationship with the Chief Medical Executive to drive process improvements focused on innovation and on operational models designed to improve access to care, outcomes, and financial performance.
- Provide strategic and operational input to transform the delivery of care creating a more consistent patient experience by enhancing clinical integration and care coordination across the clinical enterprise
- Work with organizational leaders to create an environment that promotes collective responsibility and accountability, removing silos and building collaboration across the institution to create a sense of 'systemness' across the continuum of care
- Ensure strategies and goals of the clinical operations are aligned with the organization's financial planning and support its financial performance.
- Ensure the institution's clinical operations is prepared for the future direction of the health care environment, including federal and state regulation, reimbursement policy, and competitive forces.
- Promote innovative solutions to bed capacity management in the inpatient setting and demand generation in the ambulatory environment.
- Act as a positive change agent, respecting the culture while challenging the status quo.
Direct reports include:
- Chief Nursing Officer
- Vice President, Ambulatory Operations
- Vice President, Performance Improvement
- Vice President, Clinical Support Services
- Vice President, Pharmacy
- Director Clinical Operations Finance
- Ten years of senior leadership experience within a large medical center or complex hospital/health system
- Strong operational and financial acumen
- Ability to lead and partner around a vision for outstanding healthcare delivery
- A Master's Degrees in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Health or related field.