- Reports to: CEO
- Manages directly: Managers of Operations, Construction, Customer Service and Human Resources and the Managing Engineer
- Responsible for: Providing leadership and direction to company operations and service delivery, including the development of strategies for the long-term growth of existing and new franchise system members and for participating in market positioning and development for new franchise members.
1. Strategic Planning & Efficiency – Leading and participating in annual and five-year plan preparation for facility and infrastructure development and maintenance and translating operational plans into profitable operations.
2. Financial Planning/Budgeting – Working with the CFO in the development of annual operating and capital budgets, as well as with the CEO and CFO in addressing revenue and cost challenges.
3. Process Standardization and Governance – Establishing and rolling out processes and standard practices across the organization to improve operating efficiencies and reduce operating expense.
4. Construction Planning/Management – Developing and aligning partner relationships with vendors, providing support and analysis in construction planning and execution, and ensuring vendor relationships that meet and exceed value expectations through price, quality of work, delivery and customer relationships.
5. Project Management - Defining selection processes, construction and maintenance project requirements and associated benchmarking and reporting, monitoring; assessing and reporting on construction and maintenance projects; and enabling the company to have full transparency on the “as is” and “to be” state of projects.
6. Human Resources – Working with the HR Manager in improving team performance through training and mentoring staff members, as well as in developing incentives for commitment to company expectations.
7. Contract Administration – Participating actively in the formulation, negotiation and administration of contracts, including constructioncontracts, facility maintenance agreements, and property leases.
8. Regulatory Compliance – Ensuring company-wide compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
9. Management Reporting – Preparing periodic reports and analyses on operational projects and results.
10. Risk Management – Assessing and defining potential risks and liabilities and recommending associated plans and actions.
11. Water Transportation – Recommending methods for the transportation of water, to include the use of such facilities as water lines, pump stations, and hook-ups.
Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related discipline
- Prefer MBA or graduate study in Finance or Business.
Experience – At least 12 to 15years of responsible related experience in the business world leading up to a general management role in a similar industrial setting.
- Prefer related experience in construction management, engineering management or plant/operations management.
- Previous related experience in a general management role with P&L responsibility – highly desirable.
- Related experience in the development and administration of project, operating and capital budgets.
- Prefer related experience in a transformative environment where change management was successfully implemented.
- Experience in the formulation and administration of contracts and agreements – e.g., construction, facility maintenance, leasing, etc.
- Prefer related experience in real estate development and facilities management.
- Prefer related experience in the planning and management of water lines, hookups and related infrastructure facilities; and/or in working with engineers on public water supply treatment plant facilities and processes, waste water treatment facilities and processes, and road/street construction and maintenance projects.
- Related experience in developing an exceptional network to develop and screen talent, vendors and other relationships.
- Strategic – Able to set the framework and operational model for driving strategy throughout the organization.
- Analytical – Highly analytical with the ability to develop and use metrics to monitor, evaluate and improve operational performance.
- Process Oriented – Able to analyze requirements and to develop “end-to-end” processes – i.e., to anticipate the impact of new processes and to properly plan and prepare for these changes.
- Innovation and Technological Input – Ability to use technology as a driver in service delivery and in reporting and assessing business operations.
- Proactive – Ability to work in a proactive manner, especially in anticipating and addressing changing needs, requirements, and priorities.
- Communication Skills – Demonstrated skill and effectiveness in oral and written communication, with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable presentations and reports.
- Hands-On Style – Ability to “dive into the details” and work in a “hands-on” manner, especially when necessary to understand requirements or resolve problems.
- Team Player – Approachable with finesse in interpersonal relations and a genuine, non-political “servant leader” style.
- Consensus Builder - Diplomatic in nature and able to build consensus for new ideas and initiatives.
- Organized – Highly organized and attentive to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Potential – Interest in and potential for higher levels of general management responsibility.