Reports to: Chief Executive Officer/Owner
Positive Promotions, Inc. is one of the Top 25 Branding Companies in the United States, providing merchandising solutions for workforce engagement and promotional campaigns. The COO, working closely with the CEO, is responsible for driving the Company's extensive and sustainable growth and performance through developing and implementing short-term and long-term plans and directives. The COO must be knowledgeable in manufacturing and fulfillment operations and in the roles of all supporting departments including supply chain, scheduling, customer service and information technology. This position requires a strong leader with high integrity who is a hands-on implementer and is comfortable functioning at both the senior management level and also with operating floor staff and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and oversee the Company's operational policies, rules, initiatives and goals.
- Maintain control of diverse business operations, oversee daily operations and make timely staffing and scheduling adjustments.
- Drive management and staff to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes and lead continuous improvement programs.
- Coordinate with Human Resources department in recruiting and employee retention programs.
- Work closely with multiple departments including supply chain and operations to drive continuous improvement in the customer experience.
- Proactively promotes communications between management of all departments.
- High-level understanding of other business functions including human resources, supply chain, customer service, information technology, finance, sales and marketing, etc.
- Manage expansion activities such as potential acquisitions, corporate alliances, and new equipment purchases.
- Assist in managing vendors relationships.
- Experience in data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the Company.
- Measure and report on operational performance and improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Proficiency in areas of silk screening, pad printing, and embroidery. A plus if familiar in decorating merchandise such as bags, drinkware and apparel.
- Experience in prepress production processes.
- Experience in managing a fulfillment operation of both large and small orders, including pick/pack processes, in a delivery time-sensitive environment.
- Track record of establishing productivity standards for different printing activities.
- Worked with customer service functions including order entry in a call center environment.
- Proven track record in bringing a blend of creativity, business acumen, and passion to achieving sustainable improvements to operational processes.
- Paper printing experience a plus.
- Experience in purchasing print decorating equipment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, highly collaborative work environment.
- Experience in setting priorities and guiding investments in people and systems.
- Success in optimizing inefficient areas in an organization.
- High energy individual with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and business objectives.
- Ability to work across functions and within an executive team to drive change in a positive, collaborative, and transparent way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage at both the strategic and operational level.
- Ultimate team player with ability to work with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- MSc/MBA preferred.
- Salary and Bonus Commensurate with experience.