Chief Operating Officer
Management Business Solutions has been retained by UM Wireless to be a ?value-add? partner to their recruitment for this position. As a solution-based staffing organization; we have aligned our processes to mirror our client?s talent strategies to identify, screen, and recruit qualified candidates.
The Chief Operating Officer position oversees the organizations ongoing operations and procedures and provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu.
- Dedication to building and growing a strong and stable workforce.
- Ability to comfortably and energetically present the company and its products publicly.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities, including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent.
- High-level understanding of all business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, etc.
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced supervision: Determines work assignments, priorities, and procedures for subordinates.
- Responsible for assigning, scheduling, and ensuring the quality and quantity of work.
- Approves time off and schedule adjustments.
- Provides training and coaching. Selects candidates for employment, promotion, etc.
- Formally evaluates subordinate?s performance (i.e.: performance reviews, discipline, etc.) Terminates employment.
- Bachelor's degree specializing in Business Administration or relevant; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- MBA highly preferred.
- Ten plus years management experience in distribution and telecommunications retail services industry, or similar industry.
- Extensive experience managing various levels of employees with different educational backgrounds, work style habits, and employment histories.
- Experience developing systems and workflows in a services oriented business to support a growing organization.
- Demonstrated ability in developing new and improving existing work processes.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on, test, and implement system and process changes to meet new program requirements and improve existing processes.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong overall knowledge of the technology, telecommunications or electronics industry.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work for self and team.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to use problem solving skills and root cause analysis. Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact positively with a wide array of individuals from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to develop and train work force, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately.
- Advanced knowledge of company protocols, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish constructive and cooperative interpersonal business relationships with individuals working at varying levels of the organization.
- Management: Ability to achieve desired outcomes by organizing individuals and setting goals and priorities to deliver results.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate and guide others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Results-Focus: Strength in planning, organizing and implementing projects to meet established goals.
- Change Management: Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while ensuring these changes are thoroughly and smoothly implemented.
- Team Builder: Ability to ensure that team members are invested in team activities and decisions, to set a tone of cooperation within and across the work groups, and to cohesively achieve a goal.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER