The Chief Operating Officer (COO), Global Specialty Insurance, will report directly to the COO of General Insurance and with a dotted line to the CEO of Global Specialty
This role will be responsible for the end-to-end business process, data and enabling technology is in place to support the Global Specialty business and its customers, producers and other stakeholders. This will include the implementation of business process optimization and transformation and working with the GI data and technology teams to ensure the implementation of required data and technology. This includes improved efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end processes, ensuring that operational and customer experience standards are established and attained. The role will also ensure adherence to the established SCUP Target Operating Models, as well as adherence to audit requirement and governance standards.
Finally, this role will directly assist the COO of General Insurance and CEO of Specialty in ensuring the operational effectiveness of all General Insurance activities within in-scope geographies and will facilitate business operational reviews.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborate to shape, plan and execute the transformation strategy and operating model to deliver on growth, profitability and operating objectives of the broader GI organization.
- Develop regional, and cross-regional implementation roadmaps focused on improving our efficiency and service deliver to the customers, producers and other key stakeholders.
- Establish and evaluate customer experience targets to shape transformation focus, while balancing effective expense management.
- In support of transformation efforts, launch comprehensive Operational Excellence programs to guide holistic re-engineering of end-to-end processes across common business archetypes.
- Partner to shape IT strategies in support of Global Specialty so as to ensure delivery of optimal support to the business.
- Collaborate on the development of a data strategy with the GI COO and the Chief Data Officer to drive completeness, accuracy, and quality.
- Develop and maintain relationships with underwriting, distribution and claims teams in order to provide excellent customer focus and seamless customer experience.
- Establish strategic “guardrails”, set operational targets, and continuously monitor businesses to rationalize costs, optimize financial performance and maximize shareholder value.
- Ensure that an appropriate Legal, Compliance, Risk, Audit governance framework is in place and observed to maintain adherence to governance requirements.
- Lead operational business reviews and support ongoing business improvement efforts, fostering an environment of continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of professionals. Inspire and motivate the team, as well as peers and the broader organization, establishing a presence as a collaborative and inclusive leader, who engenders organizational trust and alignment.
- Lead through example, demonstrating a global mindset and openness to a diversity of perspectives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for innovating and leading change. Beyond that, the successful candidate will possess proven experience in scaling a multi-channel, complex organizations and a demonstrated ability to lead, build and influence a driven diverse team of professionals. In addition, the candidate will have a proven track record as an effective change agent. He/She will possess a strong business acumen, process and operations orientation, coupled with change-leadership skills to unify teams around common objectives and drive sustainable change.
- 15+ years of general management/operations experience in Insurance/ Financial services. Ideal candidate will have specific experience in specialty insurance, but if not , will have other experience that is transferrable.
- Experience leading an organization through change, improving efficiency, reducing cost, and/or integrating business units or capabilities
- Experience with business process outsourcing
- Experience leading teams, inclusive of full-time, contract, and vendor resources
- Demonstrated professional experience utilizing process methodology and practical application of data to drive business improvement
- Experience in developing and operationalizing strategy, including process, data, technology and infrastructure
Location & Mobility
- Position will be based in US or UK
- Travel required