Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 147 days agoby Tiffany Lengyel
Fiorilli Construction is a high growth General Contracting, Design Build, and Construction Management firm focusing on enhancing our relationships regionally, and expanding nationwide. We are exceptional in the construction field, have integrity in all we do, and believe in contributing to an amazing culture within our work environment. We believe in the philosophy of work hard, play hard and we are passionate about our lifestyles. At the end of the day, building synergistic authentic relationships is our #1 priority. We do not believe that this is just a job, but a passion and we bring that to each and every project that we do.
We are looking for assertive, energetic, and high performing construction rock stars able to service clientele for a large variety of construction projects. We are looking for you to take responsibility for all productivity, communications, and controls while operating effectively and efficiently in a collaborative team environment. Ideal candidates must be passionate about providing outstanding services to deliver a great product while demonstrating a strong sense of accountability.
Fiorilli Construction delivers "Speed to Market". We add value by sometimes even heroic efforts in accelerating the commercial constructionexperience to help our clients win. Our proven track record of projects include an interesting mix across a diverse and exciting book of business. As a rapidly growing company approaching $50MM in revenues and 50 employees working across much of the United States, we offer exponential entrepreneurial growth for our employees empowered with cutting edge services, but prefer to keep our stature humble within our organizational culture so you can make a difference and be known.
This newly created COO role reports directly to the Owner to help the company scale to the next level with team leadership, systems best practices and business discipline. This role is responsible for managing the entire company's day-to-day operations and reporting & forecasting the pulse of the business to the Chief Executive Officer, aka Owner and "Visionary".
The primary role is organizational management; responsible for the development, design, operation and improvement of all facets of Company business practices. Ensuring that all Departments are efficient and effective and that the proper management of personnel, resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, and analysis of queue systems is conducted. Communicate and stress the company's Core Values, Core Focus, and organizational culture through all operations and systems so that it permeates and makes a positive impression on employee's actions.
The COO provides effective leadership and management of our book of business and any other business units or acquisitions in furtherance of the company's objectives and is directly responsible for managing the following Senior Directors, making sure each department provides the required services to ensure success for the company:
1. VP of PreConstruction (direct reports under)
a. Director of Client Relations
b. Marketing Manager
c. Chief Estimator
2. Director of Construction (direct reports under)
a. General Superintendent
b. Director of Procurement
c. Process Manager
3. VP of Operations (direct reports under)
b. Office Manager
c. Contract Administrator
First Year Outcomes
1. Elevating the Visionary (CEO) from all Integrator (COO) duties 100% within 6 months and Extreme Ownership of your Leadership role with the Company.
2. Improving Customer Service Responsiveness and Deliver Construction Excellence rating to 80% strong across the organization
3. Improved gross profit margin by 5% through vendor management
4. Eliminate $250K in excess G&A capital spend
5. Decreased cash applications processing time by 30%
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Execute Vision, Vision/Traction Organizer & Predict
a. Pulse on Organizational Culture & EOS, P&L objectives & Predict
2. Leading/Managing/Accountability (LMA) of all Companywide Process Management & Rhythms
a. GLOBAL LMA - Leader of leadership team
b. Process management GURU across all departments
c. Bird dogs every function/process
3. Harmonious Company Structure & Systems Followed By All (FBA)
a. Remove Barriers, Streamline, Alignment, Communication
4. Alignment, Master of Identify/Discuss/Solve (IDS) and the Greater Good
a. Visionary Filter that pulses Company/Department Rocks & Scorecards every week to keep on track (Visionary - pulses the message quarterly)
b. THE GREATER GOOD, Conflict Resolution
c. Keeps Communication pulse across the Organizational Culture
1. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with Leading, Managing, and holding people Accountable to our Organizational Culture, EOS, Core Values, Core Focus, simplicity, and clarity.
2. Ensures that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the company's core processes and operating system with consistency (FBA 90% strong).
3. Faithfully executes the business plan, Company and department Vision/Traction Organizer, accountable for achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives.
4. Leads, manages, and holds the leadership team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments.
5. Integrates all major operating functions of the business. Ensures everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Models the way, always working toward the greater good of the business
6. Resolves issues effectively?seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
7. Effectively collaborates with the Visionary and stays on the same page. Maintains a high level of mutual respect with the Visionary. Realizes the unique contributions and ideas that the Visionary has, and possesses an ability to filter and translate those ideas into functional plans for the company.
8. Confirms that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensures that everyone is "in the know" through effective communication.
9. Exemplifies and upholds our core values: Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships, OWN IT, Integrity in all we Do, Always a Pro, Cutting edge Cool People.
10. Exemplifies and upholds our Core Focus: Delivering Construction Excellence via Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships.
11. Develops departmental strategic plans with department leaders and ensures approval by the Visionary and Leadership team.
12. Leads all departments in implementing the strategic plan.
13. Ensure structure, systems and processes are followed by all (FBA).
14. Ensures that all new projects and initiatives are well researched and exhaustive consultation and involvement of all the stakeholders is undertaken in order to ensure quality products and profitable sale.
15. Ensures that all departmental staff are professionally managed, mentored and developed as part of performance management practice.
16. Collaborate with department heads to develop and implement plans for the respective departments. Ensure high performance management operations teams; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
17. Oversee unison of Directors efforts to ensure company compliance with the following: subcontracts, staffing, client requirements, reporting and contractual issues.
18. Liaises with Business Management in order to attract the support of Financial Institutions and solicits their cooperation in order to provide financing to Company's third party construction business and development to ensure its growth and independence.
19. Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
20. Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners. Act as lead voice for the company internally.
21. Enables the Visionary to be the Company Icon and external voice
1. Strategic Thinking, Results Driven Execution, Business Acumen, Decision Making, Financial Management, Constructive Conflict Resolution
2. Leading, Managing and holding all accountable in Company Wide systems and processes
3. Preferred 10 years of progressive experience working in a commercial construction environment, real estate development or related construction professional service firm (AED) proven track record using complicated workflows with a business of at least $50M+, 50+ employees
4. COO/President/VP Operations level leadership role overseeing similar functions/scale for operational management (10+ year track record of success and increasing responsibility)
5. Growth/entrepreneurial track record of scaling up organizations and systems for fast growth
6. Hiring and mentoring experience with teams; Attention to detail; strong communication skills
7. EOS, Gazelles, or similar training in leadership structured approach, systems training and methodology experiencepreferred
8. ProCore project management software experiencepreferred
9. Bachelor's degree in a business related field; Advanced degree is preferred
Fiorilli Construction, Inc. offers cutting edge competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and so much more.
While you're there, take a look at what our employees have to say about working with Fiorilli Construction, Inc.
WE DO NOT WORK WITH 3RD PARTY RECRUITERS.