$200K — $250K *
We are seeking an experienced senior executive and property management professional to join our executive team as Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. They will provide leadership and vision and participate in strategic planning, priority-setting and decision-making for the organization while fostering a collaborative and progressive work environment to meet the expectations of our residents and clients.
The COO is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The COO will have broad organizational responsibilities, which includes but is not limited to:
· Serving as a leader in achieving the Company’s mission and exhibiting and promoting the Company’s core values.
· Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
· Execute on the approved annual operating budget for the company. Monitor performance and provide context monthly.
· Oversee the preparation of annual operating plans, marketing plans and capital budgets for all communities. Monitor performance monthly and quarterly and oversee timely and accurate reporting to clients.
· Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
· Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Leasing, Finance etc.) Provide routine updates on departmental performance compared to stated goals and provide routine recommendations for adjustments and improvements to ensure performance metrics are achieved.
· Maintain a strong knowledge of the student housing industry and markets. Stay apprised of industry and economic trends and apply to business planning activities.
· Motivate and lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication; participate in hiring, training, and performance management.
· Evaluate operational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
· Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
· Assist CEO in fundraising ventures.
· Participate in the pursuit of expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
· Develop and cultivate strong relationships with clients and vendors through consistent communication.
The selected candidate will leverage business experience to drive operational performance, encourage innovation and provide stability to the overall portfolio. Outstanding professional credentials and real estate company operating experience are required.
Strong team building and management skills are also required. Experience with leasing, financing, development, and investments are all helpful. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent customer service skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
· 10+ years of experience within the student housing space with oversight of a large purpose-built portfolio.
· Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
· Be results driven, demonstrate a track record of producing highly quantifiable results.
· Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Leasing, Systems, Facilities, Marketing, and Customer Service
· Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development. Participate in new business activities as required.
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
· Strong project-management skills, demonstrates the ability to develop and execute on strategic plans and coordinate with diverse teams to meet project deadlines.
· Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
· Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
· Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
· Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
· BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
· Self-motivated leader. Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
· Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs, and delivering more than their expectations
· Ability to travel as needed.
Valid through: 11/13/2020