Introduction: The Company's daily operations consist of manufacturing, production and personnel matters. The essence of the chief operating officer job description is the oversight by this executive of these functions. In fact, to perform them, the COO summons the ability to lead, communicate and handle problems.
Reporting to the owners, the COO will be a critical member of the management team and a primary influencer of the long-term strategy within the company. As a leader within the company, the incumbent will be a champion of the company's vision while exemplifying the quality standards and instilling the right company culture. Responsible for overseeing daily operations in manufacturing facilities, the COO will engage closely with all internal operations regarding plant goals and objectives and assist in defining strategy and driving overall profitability of the operations including but not limited to production.
Objectives:The chief operating officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the company and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- Implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures, setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth while establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Building a team to help execute the owners vision
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data, metrics and key performance indicators
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the company's vision, mission and objectives.
- Develop annually an operating plan in keeping with the company's goals and in consultation with the owners.
- Administer the daily operations of the company or organization, including human resources, manufacturing, logistics and sales.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of occupational health and safety standards within the workplace.
- Manage the organization's compliance with applicable health and safety laws, regulations and standards.
- Ensure the accurate and complete keeping of accidents, injuries, illnesses and other work-related incidents.
- Address and also solve problems related to the adequacy of staffing, equipment, facilities or space, materials, supplies, and systems.
- Advising and evaluating department heads and managers on performance, compliance with goals.
- Meet with various teams and departments within the company.
- Reporting matters such as compliance with goals and workplace incidents with the President.
- Oversee plant operations, administer processes and procedures, and implement continuous improvement.
- Ensure smooth functioning of all production and testing machine and equipment.
- Prepare budgets, monitor and control consumption of consumables and direct variables to ensure compliance with established norms.
- Ensure optimal utilization of manpower and resources available to achieve maximum output. Introduce improvements in relation to productivity, quality or material utilization rate.
- Ensure implementation of defined procedures, policies and quality systems.
- Ensure compliance of government regulations.
- Conduct analysis of quality related issues on a daily basis and provide corrective and preventive actions as required.
- Improve the quality of products, processes, and systems by imparting related knowledge.
- Review of ISO documentation, API documents, and logbooks; ensure systems and procedures for all stations are in compliance with standards.
- Report and analyze any critical downtime of operations and initiate improvement.
- Safeguard the wellbeing and safety of employees, provide safety education, and promote awareness among employees.
- Ensure effective use of MRP system.
- Proven track record of driving best practices, improving productivity and profitability throughout operations with leading-edge management practices, innovative use of technology, cost reduction strategies and high-quality investment decisions.
- Prior experience in LEAN, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management (Quality Assurance/Control) and similar productivity and preventative maintenance tools and methodologies required.
- Knowledge of problem solving statistical tools. Ability to deal with identification of abnormalities and apply problem solving techniques.
- Computer software experience in MS Office, JobBoss, Unipoint, etc.
- A track record of success in managing, mentoring, coaching and directing employees; experience in developing staff and promoting growth within the organization thru various avenues of cross-training and other training.
- Oversee and drive the team to encourage maximum performance and achieve mutually agreed-upon goals.
- Discuss company financials and road-map with potential investors
- Actively participate in expansion activities
You must perform all other duties as required, consistent with your training and experience.