Chief Operating Officer
G, Blake’s Hard Cider
Blake’s, a well-established, fast-growing, reputable hard cider beverage company has an immediate opportunity for a General Manager. The rapid growth of our company has created the need to hire someone who can step in and immediately lead us in a fast-paced environment. In less than 3years the company has grown from a locally available craft beverage to now available in over 13 States. The successful candidate will have strong leadership abilities, be detail oriented, have a passion for timeliness and excellence, and have the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization. Ten (10) plus years management experience in manufacturing, beverage manufacturing and distribution, and/or logistics is preferred. This position reports directly to Ownership. Blake’s is based in scenic Michigan, north of Detroit and between the cities of Flint and Port Huron.
- Provide leadership and direction to all functional areas of the organization to ensure bottom-line profitability of the company
- Provide leadership and training to ownership on the management of the Profit & Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet.
- Develop KPIs and weekly feedback to all managers within the organization
- Provide direction and leadership to sales to facilitate the rapid growth and seasonality challenges of this industry
- Project a positive, can-do attitude that ensures subordinate support for company’s mission
- Communicate with Ownership in a timely manner regarding potential problems and/or recommendations for improving results
- Effectively manage and schedule all subordinates to complete all tasks and projects on-time and within budget
- Insure that all products meet the high quality standards expected by our customers and distributors.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring profitability of each product and territory.
- Write reports, business correspondence and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Management by example with the ability to solve practical problems
- Professional aptitude to attend management meetings and interact with financial institutions, customers, employees, vendors, distributors and team members
- Ensure that strict safety standards are followed at all times
- Seven (7) years’ experience in operations/logistics with verifiable leadership responsibilities
- P & L responsibility and the ability to manage to the bottom-line.
- A Degree in Business Management, Engineering Management or Production Management is preferred
- Functional experience with strategic and operational planning, human capital management, event planning, safety and security compliance requirements
- Experience in managing operations at or below budget through subordinate personnel
- Verifiable success at forecasting material, equipment and manpower
- Self-Motivated with the desire to function independently while working closely with the Ownership on the achievement of the company mission
- Verifiable expertise with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- A passion for quality, timely work within budgeted guidelines
We are an equal employment opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition to the competitive salary, incentives, and comprehensive benefits, we provide the opportunity to lead the continued growth of our organization. We hire only the best and the brightest. If you consider yourself one of the best General Managers in the country, pleaserespond with your email and cover letter.