Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America As
Chief Officer, Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity
MTA Bus Company along with New York City Transit Department of Buses is the largest bus agency in North America. MTA Bus including NYCT Department of Buses has over 18,000 employees and a fleet of 6,000 buses that transport 2.75 million daily riders. The goal is to provide the public with safe, reliable and clean buses for service.
The MTA Bus Company is seeking a Chief Officer, Equal Employment Opportunity & Diversity. This key role will ensure the: 1) equality of opportunity is an integral part of MTA Bus Company?s (MTABC) personnel policies and practices; (2) employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to employment discrimination; and (3) underutilized groups in MTABC workforce are more fully utilized and given realistic opportunities for development. In addition, the selected incumbent will manage an innovative team which manages recruitment, diversity training initiatives, compliance and investigations.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for developing and recommending Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy, planning, reporting and the day-to-day implementation of MTABC EEO Program. Advise the MTABC President on the EEO Program and its requirements.
- Advise MTABC managers and supervisors on EEO policies and procedures; and the best course of action to eliminate misconduct.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure equal employment opportunity in all personnel policies and practices of MTABC.
- Oversee internal complaints of employment discrimination by employees and applicants for employment. In addition, customer complaints of discrimination alleging violation of MTABC Title VI policies.
- Manage the collection of workforce data to evaluate the EEO Program?s effectiveness, determine trends and to identify barriers to equal employment opportunity that need to be addressed.
- Prepare reports required by MTA policies, applicable laws, regulations, Executive Order as well as reports needed for the business needs of the MTABC.
- Responsible for the oversight of the MTA Bus Title VI program and its requirements.
- Partner with NYC Transit recruitment and educational resources teams to ensure that recruitment practices and marketing materials are aligned with business unit diversity goals.
The successful candidate should possess ten (10) years of full-time related experience, of which five (5) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory/administrative capacity. In addition, the selected candidate must hold a bachelor?s degree in Business Administration, Law, Public Administration or a closely related field. A satisfactory equivalent of the combined education and experience requirements may be accepted.
The MTA Bus Company offers competitive compensation and a robust benefit package which includes:
- MTA Bus Company Pension Plan
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- New York?s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
To Apply, Visit our website:
Use the following link to view the full position description and to apply ? OR -- - Select Search Jobs Now. Search by Job Title: Chief Officer, Equal Employment Opportunity, Job Vacancy Number: 93059
MTA and its affiliated/constituent agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including military service members, to