Reporting to and partnering with the CXO, the Chief of Staff will play a critical role in delivering an effective Office of the CXO and support key cross-functional operational initiatives on behalf of the CXO organization. S/he will proactively identify and execute high-value operational initiatives.
S/he will work closely with the CXO to create effective leadership team meetings, leadership team offsite and Board meetings. S/he will prepare the CXO to be effective in engagements with key stakeholders, including partners, customers, and investors. The Chief of Staff may also interface with internal or external parties in lieu of the CXO.
S/he will be a life-long learner with an ability to adapt and apply past experiences to new situations. The incumbent will also have a high tolerance for ambiguity, with an ability to operate in a world where there isn't complete clarity and where the environment is fluid, both internally and externally.
What you'll own:
- Operational effectiveness in the Office of the CXO
- Drive interdepartmental efficiencies (as well as and identify key inefficiencies) and work with internal teams for execution
- Drive accountability to the agreements created against annual themes, quarterly objectives and operating objectives with the CXO's team in partnership with the CSO org
- In partnership with the internal communications team, driveManage PR and international communications relationships
Meetings and Information Flow
- Ensure materials prepared for external and internal stakeholder / CXO engagements, including weekly leadership team meeting
- Assist in the preparation of Board materials and events in partnership w/ CSO org
- Support to the internal projects such as M&A team on behalf of the CXO in partnership w/ CSO org and other org
- Ensure CXO spends time in the right meetings
- Drive follow-up on action items from meetings with CXO
Leadership team effectiveness
- Organize quarterly executive leader off-sites to improve team effectiveness
- Facilitate and knit together output and information across the business to help the CXO and leadership team over-deliver on expected results
- Gather research to facilitate faster decision-making; propose improved decisions
- Maintain an excellent communication framework and partnership across the various organizational functions and executive leaders
- Be pat ofGuide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of the direct span of control needed to achieve company initiatives
- Ensure adherence to cultural values and company rules
- Attend meetings with or for the CXO
- In partnership with marketing and talent brand teams, position CXO organization foras Build company and employer brand in the marketplace
- Work with external parties to advance company objectives
- Prepare CXO for external meetings as necessary through research and dossier creation
Experience you'll need:
The ideal candidate is someone with 1-3 years of consulting experiences, preferably with a consulting company, or as part of an internal strategy Strategy team within a public/private company. S/he will have experience working with senior leaders to deliver exceptional results within division-based enterprises.
The Chief of Staff will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrable passion for Pluralsight's mission, vision, values, and culture; a hands-on leader with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Mature, confident and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to C-level and other senior leaders
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to drive multiple high-profile projects forward
- Strong analytical, critical reasoning and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and pivot accordingly
- Past experience successfully partnering with other functions to achieve organizational goals and deliver operational initiatives
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality and bias to action
- Ability to be discerning with information with confidentiality has one of the highest priorities