The Chief of Staff will provide strategic and operational support to the President and the executive team to ensure successful business planning and implementation of key initiatives. S/he will partner with the President to assist in developing ongoing priorities, overseeing timelines for milestone achievement, ensuring a sound business strategy. Further, the Chief of staff will support the prioritization and management of critical issues to ensure attention and focus of the executive team; ease decision making by striving to provide full information at point of decision and by serving as a reliable, trusted and fair channel for all stakeholders; and ensure alignment and timeline support for the overall business strategy to drive results across the company.
- Builds strong relationships with the Executive team and various stakeholders. Collaborates with the team on the development of strategic and business planning priorities and supports CCI’s strategic objectives, including executing on strategic initiatives.
- Manages a team to support business readiness for Commercial and Medicare lines of business and other key initiatives; provides coaching, mentoring and oversight.
- Critically assesses opportunities and risks; manages oversight process on operating plan goals and deliverables supporting strategic realization; monitors progress; raising and addressing risks to plan as appropriate and recommends actions plans to improve performance.
- Oversight, direction and leadership of strategic project management; including agenda planning; driving accountability for deliverables; and material preparation for leadership meetings. Ensure President has essential information in a timely manner for all priority initiatives.
- Dig into specific business issues as they arise and, in partnership with President, diagnose solutions and help resolve barriers; promote key initiatives and engagement opportunities.
- Lead the development of materials for the Board of Directors by working with the President and executive team and potentially interface with members of the Board of Directors on a variety of items. Collaborate with EmblemHealth on other executive committee meetings.
- The Chief of Staff will frequently engage ConnectiCare personnel at all levels of organization, including external IT partners, and is responsible for overseeing multiple large initiatives while providing support to the Executive Sponsor ( typically a Senior Vice-President), Project Owner (typically a Director or Vice President), and Project Manager. Additionally, s/he will need to manage or oversee the relationships between the entire project team including external vendors and suppliers that are engaged with the project. At the end of the project they will facilitate a postmortem review and gathering of Lessons Learned.
- Help lead and manage effective team meetings, including: defining agenda, facilitating meetings as needed, capture minutes and action items, and follow-ups as needed.
- Act as a voice for President and communicate his vision, when needed, on strategic decisions.
- Supports team in any ad-hoc requests to support organization.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment; someone who understands the need for involvement at all levels of activity within a company.
- A professional person who can be trusted with highly confidential information; proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and to influence others to drive sound decision making.
- A person with a strategic mindset balanced with an action-oriented attitude with focus on execution and who consistently executes on key deliverables and collaborates across departments.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to assess, and develop risk mitigation strategy recommendations.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent problem solving and negotiation capability, as well as strong interpersonal, leadership and team building ability.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. Be able to negotiate and facilitate discussions at all levels of the organization.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, specifically MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors’ Degree required, MBApreferred.
- Minimum 10 years professional business experience, preferably in the Healthcare Payer business; Minimum 5 years supervisory experience, specifically supervising professional and technical staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primarily sedentary
- Must be able to use standard office equipment