The Chief of Staff to the CEO is a critically important role, enabling the CEO to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders and deliver on strategic priorities at ChargePoint.
It is not an administrative role; it is highly strategic and facilitative one that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role.
Key Meeting Preparation/Facilitation
- Confirm objectives for the meeting and recommend participants and best approach
- Develop backgrounders for CEO on the meeting
- Develop executive-level meeting agendas and presentations, highlighting key strategic topics and succinctly analyzing relevant current events across the industry
- Follow through for CEO on initiative ownership and timeline, that comes as outcomes from strategy meetings
- Ensure participants are aware of and prepared for the meeting
- Attend meetings, capture major take-a ways, and work with executive team to ensure follow up Monitor progress/achievement of next steps
- Work closely with CEO’s Executive Assistant to remain apprised of/schedule upcoming CEO commitments
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects across the company
- Work with Executive staff to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon goals. COS’s role will be to work with all staff to ensure that progress is being made in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives across ChargePoint
- Assess inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably in consulting/finance and/or consumer technology
- MBA preferred
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, meet deadlines, and with attention to minute detail
- Passion for working with early-stage, rapidly scaling technology startups
- Global mindset, flexible work style and comfort with ambiguity
- Positive attitude, self-starter, and high emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented.