Who We Are:
CoreCivic is a diversified, government-solutions company with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government challenges in cost-effective ways. Within CoreCivic Safety, we provide high-quality corrections and detention management services. We operate safe, secure facilities that offer effective reentry programs and enhance public safety. CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job, but the start of a successful career.
- A supportive environment where employment growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
With correctional, detention and reentry facilities nationwide, our facility leaders play an integral role as emissaries of our Purpose, Mission and Values to our partners, our employees and those entrusted to our care.
- The Chief of Security coordinates and monitors the overall security operations of the facility, ensuring proper staffing levels for all shifts and posts, and maintaining safety and security of staff and inmates.
- Promotes compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Social or Behavioral Science or a related field.
- Four (4) years of correctional work experience, including two (2) years of experience as a Shift Supervisor, Unit Manager and/or CoreCivic department head, or equivalent, is required.
- Correctional work experience must include three (3) years supervisory experience of correctional employees.
- Additional qualifying full-time correctional supervisory experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of correctional custody methods and techniques, pertinent facility rules, regulations and standards, principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.