As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Chief of Quality, Patient Safety, and Clinical Analytics tojoin our team in Orlando Florida.
The successful candidate will be a senior physician leader and champion for advancing Nemours Children’s Hospital (NCH) pediatric clinical quality on a regional and national level. He or she will direct clinical performance, patient safety, clinical analytics, informatics and quality programs to meet established patient safety, quality and compliance goals. Collaboration and partnership with Medical Staff, department chiefs and chairs, NCH Senior Leader Team (SLT), Nemours Foundation Chief Clinical Officer and enterprise team to smoothly and effectively plan, program and oversee quality and safety programs is crucial. Integrates and optimizes CI/LEAN principles to eliminate waste. Advances and supports efforts to ensure an exceptional patient experience. Leads hospital clinical analytics programs. Responsible for providing hospital leadership and NCH governing board performance results of safety and quality initiatives. Serves as member Medical Staff Executive Committee and provides linkage between NCH quality initiatives and quality and patient safety initiatives. Maintains membership and competency serving as a clinically active physician member of the NCH Medical Staff. Models the standards of behavior in all interactions. The position supervises and has functional oversight of X members of the NCH Center for Clinical Effectiveness and Excellence. Serves as hospital Patient Safety Officer (PSO). Works in collaboration with Nemours Alfred I duPont Hospital in identifying and addressing quality and safety opportunities across the organization. Active engagement in the development of organizational culture of safety. Collaborative use of centralized Nemours resources related to data collection, analysis, and quality and safety.
- Partners closely with CMO, CNO and physician leaders and associates to enhance care, improve quality and safety, advance patient and family satisfaction, maintain compliance, and reinforce a culture of high performance and high levels of associate engagement.
- Collaborates with NCH Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) for synergistic nursing practice safety and quality program alignment within the activities of the medical staff. Works to support and advance service excellence strategies.
- Serves as NCH Patient Safety Officer (PSO).
- Promotes physician engagement and support for alignment of department initiatives to meet hospital-wide safety and quality initiatives and regulatory compliance rationale and approach. Leads physician engagement and coaches divisional quality and outcomes champions, physician leaders and clinical program physician participants.
- Leads data analytics programs and partners with Nemours Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO) to optimize and leverage data and information utilization.
- Partners with medical leadership to leverage databases, information, outcomes and practice advancement.
- Understands clinical information systems, biomedical devices and capabilities for measuring clinical performance and development of analytical tools.
- Integrates the NCH Clinical Logistics Center with quality and safety initiatives across the organization.
- Leads performance improvement/continuous improvement initiatives in the hospital. Integrates and prioritizes CI resources to maximize impact, champions Continuous Improvement (CI) (LEAN) methodology across all hospital areas. Chairs the Performance Improvement and Continuous Improvement Committee.
- Guides and collaborates the medication safety initiative in the hospital setting.
- Effectively collaborates with Nemours Chief Clinical Officer and enterprise safety and quality function to execute a cohesive and unified patient safety and clinical quality program. Collaborates with Nemours Delaware Valley quality and safety services and functions.
- Translate enterprise, Florida and local quality and patient safety programs into clear objectives and action plans. Coordinate alignment of strategic quality goals associated with performance metrics across the organization.
- Participates in and represents hospital in regional and national patient safety and clinical quality advancement forums, including leading US News and Worls Report and other national recognition efforts.
- Works collaboratively to ensure survey readiness with applicable reguatlory agencies, including The Joint Commission and other applicable agencies.
- Maintains a high performance work environment characterized by quality performance, positive relationships, and a strong team orientation to achieve performance targets and model the standards of behavior.
- Provides Chief Medical Officer with regular updates associated with relevant topics, outcomes, and national trends. Serves as Lead for implementation of high profile projects on behalf of the NCH CMO.
- Achieves and maintains professional development and competence in the field of pediatric healthcare, contempary knowledge base of emerging trends, best practices and is recognized as a leader contributing in this space.
- Actively engaged in the clinical practice and works collaboratively with the medical staff.
- M.D. or D.O degree from an accredited institution
- Successful completion of an accredited pediatric residency program.
- Licensure as a physician in the State of Florida or obtaining licensure as a physician in the State of Florida within 9 months after date of hire.
- Substantial (greater than 3 years) leadership experience with demonstrated results in enhancing quality, safety, service outcomes and performance.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience leading clinical informatics and analytics.
- Demonstrated proactive leader experience building consensuses across large organizations.
- Superb attention to detail and commitment to achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability leading programs advancing improved clinical outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of individuals at all organization and community levels.
- Familiarity with policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations and accrediting agency requirements.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.