Description of the RoleThe Chief of Psychiatry at Childrens Health is a combined administrative and clinical position for a seasoned child psychiatrist. This position develops, supervises and maintains psychiatric services at Childrens Health, the largest pediatric healthcare system in Dallas-Fort Worth which includes two full-service hospitals, multiple specialty centers, a long-term care and rehabilitation clinic, and anetwork of primary care offices. UT Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, provides physicians to staff the psychiatric services at Childrens Health. The Chief, in collaboration with Senior Director of Psychiatry at Childrens Health and the Vice Chair of Clinical affairs at UT Southwestern Medical Center isresponsiblefor aligning the vision and mission of the two institutions and for developing the strategic positioning that incorporates the pillars of Clinical Excellence, Academic Excellence and Sustainability.
- In collaboration with Childrens Health and UT Southwestern leadership, develops strategies and monitor outcomes to ensure safe patient-centered care, implementation of evidence-based practices, effective use of resources, regulatory compliance, and faculty development.
- Provides clinical direction for the Behavioral Health Services which includes psychiatry faculty and behavioral health staff organized in six multidisciplinary services teams, each of which is led by a Medical Director/psychiatrist: Outpatient Psychiatry clinic, Inpatient Psychiatry Service, Consultation Liaison Services, Eating Disorders Services, Day Treatment Program, and Addiction Intensive Outpatient Clinic.
- Collaborates with Chief of Psychology who oversees Psychology faculty practicing at Childrens Health.
- Represents UT Southwestern and Childrens Health leadership at the community level by responding to official inquiries, ensuring correct reports to the designated bodies, participating in various public forums, and engaging community stakeholders.
- Advances an academic mission by supporting educational programs and promoting integration of research at the point of care.
- Delivers clinical care and actively participates in UT Southwestern academic activities.
Preferred skill set
- Experienced physician administrator/leader with strong interpersonal skills who has worked in large, complex health care organizations.
- Experience in strategic planning and clinical program development in psychiatry that includes the use of data to inform clinical service decisions.
- Experience in academic medicine with evidence of active involvement in and/or support of academic mission, including research, education and/or quality improvement.
- Strong clinical skills as a child psychiatrist, with some experience in inpatient and outpatient services.