The Chief Nursing Officer will provide and guide strategic leadership in nursing, ancillary and support departments and is responsible for hospital operations. The CNO will work with operational/clinical leaders and medical staff to ensure efficient and effective operations, implementation of the strategic plan, recruitment/retention/engagement of staff and physicians and is a key driver of quality and patient satisfaction initiatives. This individual will serve as an integral member of the Executive and/or Administrative Council and a participant in regional and system initiatives. . In this position you will:
- Be accountable for the provision and quality of all nursing services in support of the NW Region and Providence Health & Services System. This includes strategically ensuring a balance of optimal and efficient patient care; staff, patient, and physician satisfaction; and cooperative partnerships with other organizational departments and professional groups.
- Have constant focus on patient-centeredness and staff and patient safety, the CNO creates and maintains standards and systems for care delivery at their facility, utilizing extensive knowledge of nursing standards and professional practice models.
- Ensure the utmost high priority of patient/caregiver safety within the NW Region.
- Demonstrate knowledge in Mission, Core Values, Operating Principles and philosophy of the NW Region and Providence Health System and how to apply them to daily operations.
- Lead and provide strategic direction for the development of short and long-term strategic nursing initiatives to assure achievement of the local, regional and system initiatives and goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of local integrated delivery systems and of a large, multi-site health system.
- Ensure the development of policies and programs that are economically feasible and conducive to the development of the NW Region and Providence Health & Services.
- Lead and direct divisional goals and objectives, working with the nursing directors and other regional leaders to support system initiatives.
- Develop strong provider partners by knowing and understanding the medical staff issues and works with the providers in order to provide appropriate operational environment necessary for optimum provider practice.
- Ensure effective communications and relationships within other divisions and services within the NW Region.
- Lead nursing division by active demonstration of ongoing knowledge enhancement and growth with the acute care market and ensuring up-to-date knowledge of trends.
- Be responsible for leading and managing direct reports and providing mentoring and growth opportunities as available.
- Lead active development of nursing workforce pipeline, engaging with community partners, with PSJH system, and with internal leaders.
- Actively participant and member of the NW Region Senior Leadership team by furthering achievement of strategies, goals and objectives and reporting systems.
ABOUT YOU Above all, we are looking for a servant leader whose personal and professional background demonstrates a genuine passion for the mission and core values of Providence Health & Services. You have a style that emphasizes openness, collaboration, visibility, and connectivity. A strong, confident, results-oriented, and decisive leader with the capacity to balance the big picture and strategic perspective with a focus on operations and the details of execution. You can articulate how your work improves healthcare delivery in the communities that we serve. Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business or Health Care Administration.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience including previous Department Director, Assistant Administrator, Vice President or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, including trends.
- Strong business acumen relating to hospital operations, finance and decision making.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Process Improvement or lean experience.
- Ability to plan and prioritize resources and to manage multiple high priority demands to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.