DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides consulting services, direction and support in the identification, development and implementation of clinical programs, systems, processes and procedures that support clinical services of all Welcov programs in the efficient and effective delivery of quality care and services to the residents. This includes coordination and participation in facility Mock Surveys.
Observes, identifies, evaluates, and recommends, in concert with facility and Operations staff, performance and process management standards to effectively manage the delivery of quality care and services to residents to meet or exceed all federal, state and company regulations, policies, and procedures. Travel would be expected 75% of time worked. It is preferred that this position be based out of Edina, MN.
- Develops and drives strategic clinical direction for all Welcov service lines.
- Implements policies and procedures governing nursing and other resident care services.
- Makes policy and procedure recommendations to COO (Chief Operating Officer) and operations team.
- Participates fully in Corporate and service line QAPI program prn to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and Welcov policy. Regularly evaluates trends and policy opportunities using corporate QAPI program for dissemination of information, root cause analysis and new adoption of procedures when necessary.
- Communicates facility or program opportunities, concerns and updates to COO and operations team on a regular basis.
- Oversees the role, responsibility and persons serving in the Director of Clinical Services (DOC).
- Conducts weekly DOC calls to facilitate adherence to Welcov policies and procedures.
- Assists in achieving market quality objectives and development of new programs in tandem with VP of Business Development.
- Assists in budget and financial guidelines.
- Assists personnel in making comprehensive medical assessment of resident's conditions to determine appropriate coverage decisions.
- Concentrate clinical efforts by mentoring and leading DOC's, operations leadership, facility administrators/ED's, DON's, and other key nursing personnel in facilities assigned where issues have arisen due to survey, financial or other key focuses.
- Assists the Director of Education in the development and implementation of clinical training programs.
- Participates/coordinates if necessary, facility Mock Surveys.
- Champions Quality Conference and PROHIBIT programming to ensure strong adherence. Regularly evaluates trends and policy opportunities using corporate QAPI program for dissemination of information, root cause analysis and new adoption of procedures when necessary.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, new regulations, program changes, etc. and regularly updates operations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hold a current, unencumbered license in Minnesota as a registered nurse. Registered with Professional Board of Nurse Examiners in MN. Must be a graduate of an accredited educational institution (school of nursing). At least 10 full years of nursing experience, preferably in long-term care or post acute care as a consultant or DON with proven leadership and management skills. Working knowledge of nursing services, rehabilitation, therapy, administration, supervision, resident care, etc.; comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with knowledge of principles and methods involved in instruction of nursing and auxiliary personnel; ability to assess resident's needs; familiarity with nursing facility policies, regulations, and procedures; knowledge of application of principles of personnel administration in assigning, supervising, and evaluating activities of staff; knowledge and application of techniques and methods of resident care; awareness of special diets and their observance; use of medical and nursing equipment; and knowledge of medications and their effects. A sincere interest in geriatric nursing; maintain a good working relationship with staff, residents, families, and others; identify problems and make decisions; possess leadership, skills, compassion, understanding, competence, and be a visionary.