132 Bed Tertiary Hospital
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
A unique healing environment in the heart of Grafton. As the only ‘green’ medical center in Wisconsin, this facility was designed with our patient’s health and the environment in mind. You’ll find an extraordinary team of doctors, nurses and caregivers, in addition to exceptional amenities at Aurora Medical Center in Grafton.
2020 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence in Patient Experience
2020 Best Regional Hospitals US News
High Performing Hospital US News
ABOUT ADVOCATE AURORA HEALTH CARE:
Advocate Health System and Aurora Health System are now Advocate Aurora Health Care. One shared purpose brought us together. Now, as one of the 10 largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the United States, our combined strength and stability drives us forward.
With our dynamically inclusive workforce and strong connections to the places where we live and work, we’ll touch more lives and contribute to stronger and more vibrant communities.
- 75,000 Team Members
- 22,000 Nurses
- 3,300 Employed Physicians
- 4,800 Aligned Physician Partners
We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
As the Chief Nursing Officer, you will provide the overall strategic direction of the nursing program and practices including the integration of operational and clinical management functions. Participates in the development, implementation and coordination of quality, cost effective patient care and other programs contributing to optimum patient care and educational needs of the community.
Oversees the development and implementation of nursing practices, effectively and efficiently utilizing resources to provide "the right care, in the right place, at the right time" for areas of accountability. Monitor productivity and maintenance targets and standards to measure effectiveness and efficiency of resource utilization.
- Oversees the development and implementation of quality and care management programs to effectively monitor, evaluate and improve the quality and appropriateness of care delivered to patients. Collaborates with the governing body, management, medical staff and clinical areas to plan, promote and conduct quality assessment and improvement activities
- Develops short- and long-term strategic plans, including growth and innovation strategies. Ensures nursing strategies within the medical center align with patient service market, market group, and system strategies align and effectively support the achievement of the organization's objectives and mission
- Ensures adherence to and assists in the achievement of clinical performance outcomes and measurements utilizing a collaborative process that focuses on commitment, performance improvement, and the use of best practices.
- Evaluates health care technology and/or nursing information management systems, requirements for nursing staff, and the potential improvement of care provided and staff effectiveness and efficiency
- Supports professional nursing practices and the nursing shared governance structure. Directs quality and efficiency improvement efforts including the continuous evaluation of nursing practices, patient care delivery models and collaboration between nursing staff, physicians and other clinical practitioners
- Supports the provision of clinical facilities for nursing education programs. Interacts with other nursing leaders and nursing educators to recommend changes in curriculum, and communicate clinical and/or managerial learning opportunities available within the medical center which would be beneficial to students while improving nursing care provided to patients
- Interprets and complies with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards as they relate to nursing services
- Develops and maintains strong physician relationships ensuring effective, proactive and ongoing communication
- Oversees the development and administration of policies and procedures to accomplish department-specific and organizational initiatives
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization's Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization's business
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, and Master’s Degree in Nursing, or Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, or Master's Degree in Business Management or related field. If Master’s degree is not in Nursing, then must have a Bachelors or other advanced degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Skills and demonstrated experience in developing, facilitating and leading nursing programs and initiatives which align with organizational goals and objectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of effective best practice in nursing operations, regulations, and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, which is necessary to collaborate with management/executives/other organizations
- Skills and demonstrated experience in establishing excellent working relationships and strategic partnering with various teams and executives across a large organization to achieve a shared vision, values and objectives