Provides assistance to the Director, Palliative Medicine Service Line and Associate Vice President, Cancer Service Line by assuring a smoothly coordinated effort in instituting given departmental policies and by identifying, communicating, and assisting in the solution of departmental problems.
Reports directly to the Director, Palliative Medicine Service Line for clinical responsibilities. Reports administratively to the AVP, Cancer Service Line.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of three years clinical experience required.
The successful Nurse Practitioner candidate will work in collaboration with the physician and have a certificate of completion from an approved program for Nurse Practitioners or be eligible to hold national certification that allows the NP to work with the patient populations and location settings associated with this position. Must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
Geisinger offers Advanced Practitioners:
* Domestic Partner Benefits
* Paid malpractice insurance
* Market competitive wages - constantly monitored
* Generous Paid Time Off policy
* Funding for CME and paid CME days
* Relocation for qualified candidates
* Health Care Benefits Starting Day 1: including vision and dental
* Interview expenses for qualified candidates