Planned Parenthood of Greater New York is seeking a Chief Medical Officer. This position will be based in New York, NY.
This is a full-time position located primarily in New York City, but will involve travel within the City and across New York State about 30% of the time. As the senior medical leader at PPGNY, the Chief Medical Officer develops, implements, and oversees systems that ensure adherence with clinical policies and protocols for the delivery of medical care at PPGNY. As a member of the PPGNY Senior Leadership Team, the CMO represents the Clinical Services team in strategic and operational decision-making and leads the implementation of clinical initiatives. The CMO is expected to actively participate in patient care and may provide direct services to PPGNY clients one or two days per week.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York . We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) stands strong as a trusted provider of sexual and reproductive health (SRH) care, an accurate source of sexual health information, and a steadfast partner in the ongoing fight to achieve sexual and reproductive justice, especially health and racial equity. Working at PPGNY is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
- Develop and lead programs that monitor the quality of reproductive health services, prenatal care and primary care services
- Ensure all PPGNY clinical and clinical support services are delivered in accordance with PPGNY and Planned Parenthood Federation of America Medical Standards and Guidelines with a distinct focus on providing care in an equitable, non-judgmental manner to all PPGNY patients regardless of race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language spoken, national origin, or any other characteristic
- Implement quality assessment and performance improvement programs, including routine quality reviews, focused quality assessments, and evaluations of professional practice for medical staff
- Lead the periodic development, review, and revision of the organization’s medical standards, practices and procedures
- Serve as the Physician Leader of the PPGNY Patient Safety Committee and hold primary responsibility for patient satisfaction; establish processes for addressing patient grievances and complaints
- Oversee processes for credentialing, privileging, and appointment of physicians, advanced practice clinicians, and nurses to the medical staff
- Provide medical oversight of clinical research and acts as the Principal Investigator as needed
- Partner with Human Resources to recruit, train, and retain medical staff, including medical leadership and providers
- As the collaborative or supervisory physician, directly supervise the clinical practice of advanced practice clinicians as the collaborative or supervisory physician
- Oversee the supervision and evaluation of staff and session physicians
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, actively participate in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic plan, including short-, mid-, and long-range goals and objectives
- Partner with the Chief Operating Officer to optimize the efficient and effective operation of all sites of care, including implementing or improving patient flow, EHR functionality, clinic administration, scheduling, and service delivery
- Update the PPGNY Board of Directors on clinical performance and the status of clinical transformation initiatives
- Act as primary clinical leader for PPGNY's training programs for residents and fellows
- Lead by example in providing direct patient care in accordance with standards of practice and PPGNY and PPFA values
- M.D. or D.O from an accredited college or university
- Valid NYS licensure to practice medicine
- Board certification in Obstetrics & Gynecology or Family Medicine
- 10 years of experience as a practicing physician with demonstrated excellence in surgery
- 3 years of experience in a medical leadership role such as Chief Medical Officer, Clinical Director, or Medical Director, involving significant responsibility for oversight of physicians and/or advanced practice clinician, establishing and monitoring adherence with medical/clinical protocols, and managing clinical operations, including establishing and monitoring performance against key performance indicators regarding productivity, clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction
- Deep knowledge of EHR systems and prior experience evaluating, implementing, and advising on improvements to such systems to advance patient care and improve operational efficiency
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- A demonstrated commitment to learning about and enhancing practices related to racial equity and its impact on healthcare systems.
- Ability to provide compassionate, non-judgmental and culturally responsive care across race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and demonstrates deep sense of accountability to patient experience
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences related to related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility
- Ability to manage and mentor a culturally diverse team, including creating and sustaining an organizational culture that fosters inclusiveness and equity, and providing positive and developmental feedback and accountability related to practices including but not limited to equity
- 15 years of experience as a practicing physician in an OB/GYN, sexual & reproductive health, or family medicine practice with demonstrated excellence in surgery
- 10 years of experience in progressively responsible medical leadership roles with at least 5 years of experience as the top medical leader in a large, complex medical practice
- Demonstrated success leading and sustaining medical practice transformations using an evidence-based, patient-centered, fiscally responsible approach
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.