Chief Medical Officer
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
Advocate Aurora Health
Job ID #117049
Full time | Permanent
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is our 645-bed, tertiary and quaternary care, level I trauma, multi-specialty teaching medical center in north suburban Chicago; with access to national clinical trails and advanced medical technologies. Named a Top 100 Hospitals ® 18 times, honored as an Everest Award winner for greatest rate of improvement over 5 consecutive years, repeat Magnet designation, and the honors go on.
In 2018 Advocate Health Care and Aurora Health, with commonality in their core values, merged with the purpose To Help People Live Well. Together we are the 10th largest, nonprofit health care system in the nation, providing access to 27 hospitals, 500+ ambulatory care sites, 70k team members and 8,100 affiliated providers.
AS VP & CMO, YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
1. Leading in the creation and sustainment of the "ideal patient experience" throughout Lutheran General Hospital, by developing, implementing and monitoring systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care, patient safety, high reliability, and evidence based medical standards are practiced.
2. Partnering with administration, medical staff and Advocate's clinical integration function to maintain the high quality of the medical staff.
3. Directing the areas of Quality Improvement, Patient Safety and Infection Control and Risk Management and leads the Medical Staff Quality Peer Review and Management of Infection Risk Committees.
4. Attending to several critical matrix and collaborative working relationships to drive clinical strategies, interdisciplinary processes, clinical quality structures, and achieving excellent outcomes for the organization.
5. Providing the leadership to the medical staff in matters of appointments, clinical privileges, performance, bylaws and other rules, policies and procedures.
6. Active member of the hospital executive team, participating in strategic planning, physician retention and recruitment, resource allocation, operating budget ad capital discussions. Serves as an ex-oficio member f the medical staff committees.
7. Reviewing the delivery of services and care provided to patients for medical necessity, appropriateness and conformance to professional standards.
8. Participating in regulatory activities of IDPH, CMS, CDC, and DNV (not exhaustive) to drive compliance, resolution of patient complaints and licensure requirements.
9. Providing direction for the CME programs for medical staff, graduate and post-graduate medical education.
We pride ourselves on taking care of our people:
And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. Here, you'll find opportunities for ongoing learning, career enrichment, competitive compensation and an innovative work environment. But more than that, you can change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion live at the foundation of our culture at Advocate Aurora Health. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone.
Compensation is competitive, based on applicable candidate experience. Our comprehensive package includes a performance-based incentive plan, full benefits and relocation assistance.
QUALIFIED VP-CMO CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
** Previous CMO experience overseeing multi-specialty, acute care is highly preferred.