The Job Plugs is proud to partner with our client, a prominent federally qualified health care center in New Jersey, is looking for a Chief Medical Officer to join their executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Medical Officer position is a vital member of the executive team responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the organization's clinical programs. Candidates are expected to practice good risk management, quality assurance, and delivering excellent internal and external customer service to the patient customer base. The incumbent must understand and exemplify the organization's mission, vision, and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals in performing this job's essential duties, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Provides medical and scientific expertise to bring high quality and efficiency to delivering medical services to the center patients.
- Assures that provider scheduling and related assignments are relevant to each program site's needs, patient needs, and consistent human/financial resources availability.
- Resolves problems and establishes policies about treatment services in conjunction with the President/CEO, CFO, and the Director of Clinical Programs.
- Responsible for providing medical expertise/coverage in the area of specialty.
- Review and edit protocols to ensure accuracy and consistency with care standards, logistical ease, and internal consistency.
- Supervises a clinical staff of 11+ employees
- Provides medical monitoring to ensure patient safety and adequate reporting and coding of adverse events in clinical trials.
- Oversees the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Program and compiles quarterly reports to the President/CEO, the Board of Directors, and designees
- Participates in writing and editing of clinical reports for regulatory submission and updates to ensure medical accuracy.
- Participates in the development of publication strategies; writing and editing draft presentations and manuscripts; and interfaces with principal investigators on various studies geared towards improving the health care needs of the community
- Oversees all clinical site surveys and responds to findings.
- Oversight of core laboratories ensures that requested services are appropriate for clinical diagnosis, aiming to exceed the budgetary allocation.
- Manage drug formulary used by all clinicians and the 340B drug discount program
- Supervises and develops educational/training programs to enhance therapeutic knowledge of the clinical staff
- Provides expertise while supporting successful collaborative pursuits of grants, contracts, philanthropic funding, and establishing new business with managed health care organizations.
- Supervises and develops providers as it pertains to provider productivity and established goals
Additional Essential Job Functions:
- Full-Time employment requires the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work on weekends as needed
- Ability to work on a rotating shift schedule with possible overtime.
- Comfort interacting with patients from the nearby community
- Demonstrated ability to care for patients in a clinical environment in a timely and professional manner
- A Medical Degree with Board Certification and experience in an area of specialty
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a medical administrator or direct practitioner's capacity
- Experience managing direct reports in a clinical setting
- Experience in writing scientific reports, program analysis, program progress reports, etc.
- Possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on strong public speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local health care regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Proven success in obtaining federal and local programmatic funding is highly desirable.
- Eligibility for credentialing by the Federal Bureau of Primary Care
- Be able to travel locally as required.