Large Healthcare organization needs:
Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- The CMO is a key member of the senior management team and reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer of and, with guidance from the Board of Directors, is responsible for the long term planning, strategic vision, and overall accountability for all aspects of medical and clinical operations, including but not limited to patient safety and overall care experience, physician satisfaction, and quality and cost outcomes.
- The CMO will provide oversight and guidance for all clinical aspects of the organizations ensuring all participating physicians adhere to the safest, most reliable and cost effective cancer care. S/he will support and strengthen a high quality and efficient infrastructure that advances the overall agenda of the organization that is consistent with industry best practices.
- The CMO will lead in its vision of becoming the premier health system in cancer care by demonstrating the superior value of ambulatory cancer treatment centers, fostering relevant medical community partnership to provide immediate access to patients and their families in the neighborhoods they reside. The CMO will work with physicians and clinical leaders to educate and align oncology construct across the care continuum where patient centered care and provider engagement are the hallmarks to succeed in a value driven healthcare environment where culture, quality outcomes and cost effectiveness defines performance.
- will support management team and divisional operational leaders in the further integration of quality and safety in all practices to optimize the operating structure, enhance ability to continue to manage risk arrangements, and strengthen seamless clinical integration and care coordination arrangements with primary and other specialty care medical groups.
?Responsible for ensuring that the highest standards in oncology care is practiced by all physicians, advance practice professionals, Registered Nurses and other allied health professionals that care for patients, their families and communities served
? Serve as subject matter expert in activities related to the delivery of medical care and clinical services; including development of an evidence based standardized model of care adherent with standards endorsed by national cancer organizations
? Actively leading and shaping clinical decision making across the enterprise by participating in the Clinical Standards Committee, Quality and Utilization Subcommittees and other current and future workgroups to ensure the organization meets the requirements of the value based programs
? Be the external-facing physician leader to build outreach efforts with appropriate physician community stakeholders, and where appropriate, develop clinical integration relationships with primary care and other specialty networks to ensure seamless delivery of care that is holistic and patient centered
? Oversee the activities of physician groups and divisional leaders around physician recruiting and credentialing processes, managing physician relations and/or representation, and where appropriate, address physician conduct and impairment issues
? Educate the organization and relevant external stakeholders around new concepts, new care models, newest advancement in cancer therapies, including but not limited to chemotherapy regimens, advancement in radiation oncology, active participation in clinical trials and listen to the voice of the patient, their families and communities and champion end of life and survivorship conversations where appropriate
? Alignment of all independent practices into one standardized model of care delivery that is patient centered, of highest quality standards and successful in value based performance payment arrangements
? Gain respect and trust of the Board of Directors and management teams
? Create and operationalize credentialing committee/process, Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee, Clinical Integration committee and other appropriate groups as needed
? Deliver on the medical home and other value based contractual relations of the Oncology Care Model (OCM), Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) other Advance Payment Models, and major insurer groups participates in
- a current US licensed board certified in Oncology physician, preferably with experience in ambulatory practice
- we are looking for a passionate and energetic leader with a proven track record in creating a culture of quality, safety, and performance improvement
- a minimum of five years of management experience gained within a clinically progressive hospital or ambulatory health system.
- The Chief will have experience in successfully managing physician quality performance improvement program, implemented oncology best practice protocols
- competent in statistical and data analysis
- experience with medical home transformation, data repositories, registries and/or warehouses is desired.
- This opportunity is best suited for an individual who is passionate about advancing patient outcomes, bold, unafraid to disrupt current systems for the benefit of patients and their families. T
- his position requires a physician leader who is an effective administrator while being committed to engaging other physicians in quality improvement work as well as building strong collaborative relationships with other members of the medical community.