ARIZONA DEPARTF HEALTH SERVICES
“Promoting Health and Wellness for all Arizonans”
Chief Medical Officer
Arizona State Hospital
Location: 501 N 24th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008
COME WORK WITH US! The Arizona State Hospital (ASH) is hiring passionate and dedicated individuals looking to make a difference. We provide direct patient care and individualized treatment with the belief that all individuals can live a life filled with meaning and purpose. The Hospital operates 24 hours per day, 365 days per year and is committed to ensuring good work life balance.
In addition to our robust benefits package, ADHS is currently the only State agency to offers a Student Loan Assistance Pilot Program. This pilot program provides partial reimbursement for student loans for employees who meet defined eligibility requirements.
Come check us out and see how you can make a difference in the lives of all Arizonans.
If you have a passion for providing evidence-based, recovery-oriented, and trauma-informed care, then this is the job for you. ASH is seeking a seasoned leader and who has served as a Medical Director in an adult psychiatric facility.
Under general direction of the Hospital Superintendent (Chief Executive Office), the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for the clinical operation of the Arizona State Hospital, and in this capacity is responsible for the following duties:
– Direct oversight of all medical services (psychiatric and primary care and the allied health services departments)
– Overseeing medical, psychiatric, and allied professionals to ensure that quality care is provided to patients
– Providing consultation to the clinical staff and the CEO on admissions, discharges, referrals to the Psychiatry Security Review Board
– Providing consultation/direction to the clinical staff on policies, procedures, and medical-legal issues
– Ensuring that the clinical staff are compliant with quality processes, including performance improvement projects and all relevant regulatory processes
– Coordinating with the Medical Staff Coordinator to ensure accurate and timely completion of medical staff credentialing, privileging, and peer review processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
− Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of general medicine, psychiatry, allied services, and public health; hospital administration; community resources; federal and state laws pertaining to care and treatment of mental health conditions; and medical education
− Must be familiar with hospital and departmental procedures and policies and mental health laws and regulations
− Knowledge of the quality assurance and performance improvement in an inpatient psychiatric setting
− Documented participation in accredited training and clinical experience and certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
− Experience serving as the administrator over licensed clinicians in a hospital setting
− Skills in all aspects of clinical psychiatry with knowledge about other clinical disciplines
− Experience as an educator, leader and administrator to clinical and non-clinical staff
− Knowledge of Performance Management (PM), and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Lean methodologies
Licenses and Certifications:
- License to practice medicine in Arizona granted by the Arizona Medical Board or the Arizona State Board of Osteopathic Examiners.
- A State Hospital employee must be able to obtain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1758.07.
- Driving is required for State Business.
- Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
The ideal candidate will have a:
– Doctoral degree from an accredited School of Medicine or approved School of Osteopathic Medicine; completion of an approved internship, and residency
– Five years post-residency experience in the practice of psychiatry and leadership experience in the administration of psychiatric hospital programs
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− A robust and very affordable insurance plans with all networks are nationwide that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Tuition reimbursement program
− ADHS Student Loan Assistance Pilot Program
− Defined top-ranked retirement program with 100% employer matched contributions
− Tuition Discount
− Award winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− Telemedicine-Doctor on Demand
Provide evidence-based, recovery-oriented, and trauma-informed care to the individuals receiving care in order to facilitate their successful transition to the least restrictive alternative possible.
Quality, Compassion, and Excellence in the Provision of Care.
To promote, protect and improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities in Arizona.
Health and Wellness for all Arizonians
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Valid through: 11/18/2020