Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, Executive Management, this physician functions as Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO). The incumbent provides overall direction and leadership for clinical information system design and use, related patient care process improvement, and interpretation of data and informatics methods and techniques. This position serves as the information systems representative to regional and institutional clinical boards and committees. The CMIO educates, involves and supports physicians and other users of clinical information regarding the purposes and functions of the regional information system. The incumbent will also facilitate an efficient and effective use of information technologies.
1. Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic degree is required.
2. Master's Degree in Business Administration or in a field related to informatics is stronglypreferred.
3. License in the state of California as a physician is preferred.
4. At least five years of medical technology experience is required.
5. Experience with medical informatics, clinical transformation, and change management isrequired.
6. Experience with large-scale project management and training is preferred.
7. Knowledge of how information technology impacts care processes and disease prevention.
8. An understanding of requirements necessary to achieve 'return on investment' from information technology expenditures are required.
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively withdiverse personalities, ranging from practicing clinical professionals to IT personnel, operations leaders and staff are required