ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will build, manage, and inspire a global marketing organization, with responsibility for the strategy and direction of all marketing programs. This individual will bring a fresh perspective to brand-driven growth as well as in-depth experience in running an effective data focused performance growth engine across paid, owned, and organic. Tactically, this role will drive efficiency and innovation along the full marketing funnel (awareness, consideration, conversion, retention/repeat purchase). This role reports to the CEO of the Company.
Location: Detroit or remote with extensive travel to the Detroit office
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and evolve a comprehensive global marketing plan in conjunction with all stakeholders from marketing, vertical businesses, and product leadership.
- Act as the guardian for our brand standards and guidelines across the entire business.
- Guide the Company's competitive differentiation, driving our efforts to acquire and retain sellers and buyers critical to our model's success.
- Manage the customer lifecycle by creating a managed communications or contact strategy to prioritize and integrate the full range of marketing communications channels and experiences to support prospects and customers on their path-to-purchase.
- In conjunction with leadership team partners, drive product marketing initiatives and new product introductions into our markets, setting and measuring performance against objectives.
- Create a structured approach to marketing innovation and testing with ROI in mind.
- Develop a data-driven digital strategy team that intelligently drives our pipeline. Utilizes data to measure customer preference, analyze segmentation, position the brand, predict and manage customer lifetime value, and to optimize digital strategy.
- Drive data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness and value to the business. Lead annual and quarterly forecasting, and provide updates on incremental opportunity.
- Analyze campaign performance and improve/optimize existing campaigns based on ROAS, CAC, LTV.
- Analyze campaign results across all channels to understand the effectiveness of strategies and tactics for improving key engagement and retention metrics.
- Lead the team that creates the strategy around Performance Marketing across multi-channel paid and organic growth tactics, customer segmentation, promotions strategy, CRM, and email.
- Lead the Company's efforts across partnerships, brand campaigns, media strategy, and influencer marketing.
- Create compelling and differentiated messaging for StockX, weaving the messaging through all marketing tactics, and develop audience-specific content from the top to the bottom of the marketing funnel.
- Maintain and grow an influential marketing team culture and morale. Develop marketing leaders and their teams through a deliberate approach to career and performance management.
- Ensure the optimal management of the marketing budget, focusing on careful prioritization of efforts.
- Partner with finance to set goals, develop forecasts and manage to crucial revenue growth health metrics: Orders, GMV, EBITDA – Strong business acumen.
- Maintains the Company's agency relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing.
- Technology, e-commerce or consumer marketplace experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge with the following elements of the customer lifecycle: TV, Print, Events, Sponsorships, Search PPC, SEO, Content Marketing, Pop-ups, Social Media, Influencer relations, loyalty programs, and re-engagement campaigns .
- High growth stage and public company experience strongly preferred.
- A data-driven brand marketer that combines an emotional intuition for creating great experiences with the analytical rigor across marketing levers to drive quantifiable, scalable growth.
- Natural storyteller that understands the full customer experience.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a disruptive business.
- Prioritize team culture and people management above all else, get joy from developing others and recognize the value of establishing effective organization/processes.
- Capable and willing to execute both strategically and tactically.