Will be responsible for all the inbound and outbound activities associated with the entire life cycle of Spectralink’s products and solutions: from product definition through their development, marketing activities and end of life.
- Provide executive leadership in identifying, analyzing, and qualifying new business opportunities; provide guidance for development and execution of winning strategies for new business; develop metrics or benchmarks for measuring business capture success.
- Develop unique value propositions and business partnerships targeted toward key customer segments to increase market penetration.
- Continually analyze, evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing tactics and strategies for the company’s end to end solutions (hardware, software, services, and training).
- Establish product strategy, roadmap and tactical execution of priorities for development for all Spectralink solutions, working closely with senior leadership to deliver best-in–class, market leading, competitive solutions.
- Gather and analyze market intelligence on our competitors, clients and prospects, how they buy and their buying criteria; being the expert on our competition and how our products compare in detail; and how to win against them.
- Responsible for the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Spectralink’s image and position within the marketplace as well as facilitate internal and external communications
- Coach, mentor and raise the entire team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for succession talent.
- Provide core positioning and messaging for the products and solution, and translate technical features into benefits statements. Communicate the value proposition of the products and solutions to the sales team and developing collateral and other sales toolkits to support the process.
- Managing product launches to introduce new products, features and functionality and expand addressable markets.
- Lead/oversee the planning of exhibits and trade shows as necessary.
- At least 15 years of marketing leadership experience, with at least five years in a senior leadership role in the telecom and/or communications industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related discipline required, MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing strongly preferred.
- Experience in a hi-tech company which has sold to enterprise verticals as well as strong familiarity with OEMs, system integrators and strategic alliance partners in the hi-tech industry.
- Experience in planning and rollout of international marketing initiatives and promotional programs. Experience in channel marketing strongly preferred.
- Experience in having successfully positioned products and companies to drive revenue growth.
- International experience strongly preferred.
- Passionate and innovative thinker adept at developing and implementing successful marketing and sales strategies. Ability to be both strategic as well as tactical in the approach to marketing.
- Finely honed planning skills with the ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels. Ability to position the company for long term success.
- Highly developed written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively work with the other members of the leadership team and industry leaders. Operates as a visible team leader for the Marketing group.
- Highly energetic, creative and aggressive.
- Able to articulate a vision and a strategy in a way that inspires the team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals. Respectful and positive leadership skills. Able to ensure accountability for results.
- Highly adept at analyzing competitor’s services and prices, synthesizing information, and developing cost estimates to develop a cost effective strategy.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, budgeting and financial skills and business acumen.
- Strong change agent, experience driving a company from hardware to solutions.