The CMO will provide leadership and strategic development of the global commerical aerospace and industrial buinesses.
Totla responsbility for global marketing to include all Business Development, for both Aerospace and Industrial groups in a B2B environment. Direct, coordinate, develop and implement the worldwide business development, go to market strategy, ensuring the achievement of planned growth, profitability, quality and total customer satisfaction objectives
- Defines business case and strategy for growing global business by developing the global business plan to meet aggressive market expansion goals; Develops the tactical plan, including investment consideration and justification, to implement the strategy; Executes the tactical plan so that the aftermarket business for all regions and product lines is in place and driving towards the defined goals.
- Conducts analysis of current practices and procedures. Performs research to identify best practices that can be leveraged for growth. Conducts gap analysis and works closely with regional aftermarket organizations to implement best practices globally to achieve growth plans.
- Identifies and evaluates opportunities that exist in the market focusing on market expansion and penetration with emphasis on high growth opportunities such as refurbishing and upgrades, remote diagnostics, calibration, manufacturing process consultation, applications troubleshooting, etc. Conducts market sizing analysis and financial analysis to quantify growth and profit opportunities
- Develop and implement organizational structure to support current and new Aftermarket activities including talent acquisition and development. Works closely with regional management to identify talent gaps and developmental opportunities to generate plans to fill gaps. Identifies, defines and implements organizational structure changes that can support operational improvements.
- Identifies process, system, and infrastructure improvements that need to be made to support aftermarket strategy. Works closely with regional management to drive change from current practices to new strategy.
- Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with Project Managers and customers; visiting operational environments; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and applications.
- Develop the business plan and worldwide sales targets along with a management control system to capture orders, sales and profits. Publish performance reports on same along with action plans where necessary.
- Improves quality results by monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes; identifies customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change. Improves the Marketing Organization by developing annual continuous improvement plan in support of organizational strategy. Establish and implements short and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Perform special projects as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Management (or equivalent.) 10-15+ leadereship marketing background in machinery/equipment, indutrial products and or aerospce manufacturing processes including troubleshooting, service, and installation/commissioning activities. Demonstrated success in developing a global business for a minimum $300M company selling engineered to order products in a business to business market - ideally industrial equipment in global markets. Prior experience with P&L responsibility with a focus on revenue, expenses, and margins. Must be "hands on" and an effective communicator with all levels in the organization.