At VillageMD, we're looking for a Chief Marketing and Communications Officer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
The Marketing and Communications team are the stewards of our brand and responsible for ensuring our brand promise is articulated in everything we do. As we accelerate our national growth strategy, we are looking for a Chief Marketing and Communications Officer who is an innovator, bringing exceptional creativity and a disciplined approach to how we scale our corporate identity across multiple industry segments as well as across multiple internal stakeholders.
Could this be you?
Integral to our team, you will take a grassroots approach to support organizational growth and market performance while formulating creative solutions to touch our end users in meaningful ways. Experience and understanding of both macro as well as local market dynamics including how to engage with and leverage visibility across industry organizations, social media outlets and an effective digital brand and marketing strategy to facilitate hyper-growth will be critical. This individual will have expert interpersonal skills, highly developed emotional intelligence and the flexibility to ably navigate ambiguity to produce critical outcomes. A service orientation and a high level of humility are requirements for successful assimilation into our highly collaborative culture. Our ideal candidate will combine marketing leadership experience with strong entrepreneurial instincts to build and lead our marketing and communications function.
How you can make a difference
- Leading the development of a strategic, integrated, marketing and communications plan that is tied to overall organizational growth priorities, including key metrics to measure outcomes
- Identifing key vendor partnerships that can accelerate growth while building the internal capability of the team and speed to market
- Collaborating with senior colleagues to identify and engage prospective partners through marketing, media and public relations strategies and tactics
- Providing a high level of service and support to the business; successfully integrating into the corporate services and market operations team, and taking a partnership approach to getting things done
- Internalizing business and market feedback to inform and if necessary adjust strategy execution
- Leading and advancing marketing and communication strategy implementation, ongoing evaluation and support including the development and deployment of the necessary process, tools and infrastructure to enable departmental growth
- Leveraging available data points to measure effectiveness of marketing efforts in a B2B and B2C environment
- Consumer orientation that translates into innovative ways to engage with our patients, as we engage them in the management of their health outcomes
- Supporting marketing and PR execution with creative solutions that uniquely leverage scarce resources to drive market value and brand awareness
Skills for success
- You have high emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships, and can successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups
- You are highly collaborative, yet skilled at influencing others to achieve results
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results
- Demonstrated success building a team and leading a marketing function in an earlier stage, high growth organization
- Experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- You are solution-oriented and have a passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution
- You are self-starting and maintain a high sense of urgency and accountability in delivering measurable results in line with agreed upon timeframes
- You are innovative, challenge the status quo, and have a track record of creativity in achieving marketing and communications outcomes
- You have a track record in effectively supporting organizational growth through marketing, branding and communications activities- this has translated to tangible results, which you can readily articulate
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or a relevant field required
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive business and marketing leadership experience
- Depth of experience in public relations, media and communications experience required
- Preferred experience working in a grassroots marketing environment
- Healthcare experience and public company experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence; can integrate with a team, engender trust and leverage relationships to get work done
- Strong B2B and B2C marketing and communications experience required
- Hands on approach including strong command of details
- Orientation towards data, analytics and measurement
- An optimistic outlook and “can do” attitude
- You have a keen focus on results, and can navigate within ambiguity while maintaining a high-level of humility