At Welltower Inc. (NYSE:WELL) we are driving innovation in health care infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
Responsible for the daily maintenance operations across multiple buildings including providing technical and building system guidance and training to building maintenance staff. Ensure all work is done in accordance with company maintenance policies, procedures and safe work practices and is consistent with service brand standards:
- prompt and courteous response (within 2 hours and no more than 24 hours)
- fix the problem on the first attempt
Provide input on budgets, manage schedules of maintenance staff and be the technical bridge between Real Estate Managers and maintenance staff.
- Maintenance Policies & Procedures and Employee Safety – Ensures all work is conducted according to maintenance & safety policies & procedures.
- Participates in the development of maintenance policies and procedures working with the Director Maintenance – E/PM.
- Ensure compliance to company safe work practices.
- Provides maintenance and safety training to new and existing employees as required.
- Building Life Safety – Ensure that high standards of safety are developed, met, and maintained in all facilities.
- Ensure that annual fire safety inspections are arranged and coordinated with local fire departments. Follows up on any deficiencies or recommendations
- Arranges and coordinates the internal safety inspections of the buildings and follows up on deficiencies and recommendations
- Coordinates application of emergency procedures according to approved procedures.
- Receive and prioritize work orders. Delegate work orders and follows up to ensure work is completed according to Outpatient Medical Service Brand fundamentals and are handled efficiently at the most economical cost.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises or provides for the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance and/or repairs. Operate, program and maintain EMS and preventive maintenance systems.
- Conducts and/or ensures property inspections are conducted as required and are appropriately documented and actions items are developed and implemented to resolve any items identified. Follows up with the Real Estate Manager with recommendations to mitigate/prevent future risks identified during property inspections.
- Equipment Maintenance – Ensure that major equipment and building systems are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement Secures bids and makes recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required. Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies, parts and tools and equipment to ensure timely completion of maintenance and/or repairs.
- Provide input to Real Estate Managers on operating budgets. Assists in monitoring and coordinating capital improvements, tenant improvements outs and property renovation projects as required, to include providing the necessary oversight of HVAC and other maintenance and capex/TI project contractors. Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects. Participates in preparation of maintenance, project and capital budgets.
- Provide direction, training, coaching, mentoring, scheduling and overall supervision to all direct reports to ensure their proper completion of work tasks as well as professional growth within their respective positions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to work as a team and follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other requested job-related duties. Team members are expected to perform these duties with an enthusiastic attitude and to assist wherever necessary to accomplish the Company’s overall goals.
A minimum of ten (10) years experience with demonstrated experience in leading personnel and work associated with the maintenance of commercial buildings is required. Specialized training in HVAC/Refrigeration is required. HVAC/Refrigeration certification required.
WELLTOWER CORE COMPETENCIES
• Quality of Work
• Communication and Teamwork
• Customer Focus / Service
POSITION KEY COMPETENCIES
- OM Service Brand Representative: Rapid responsiveness, reliable results, can-do attitude, Pro-active communication.
- Works well independently
- Eye of the owner/takes ownership
- Manages up/down/across the organization
- Relationship building
- Resourceful/time management
- Advanced problem-solving
- Sense of urgency
- Works well under pressure
- Safety conscious
- Multi-tasking/ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Computer proficiency.