Chief Investment Officer
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Union Savings Bank - Litchfield, CT
- Union Savings Bank has been serving the local area since 1866.
- Since its inception, our mission has been to work for the benefit of the community rather than for the benefit of shareholders.\
- USB provides personal banking, business banking and investment strategies to our customers
- Responsible for the day-to day Investment Team functions, providing assignments and distributing workload.
- Performs all duties required in properly executing the investment management function.
- Exercises prudent investment practices and unbiased judgment in managing client portfolios. Complies with the terms of governing instruments, fiduciary principles, regulatory requirements and Bank policies.
- Develops and implements investment philosophy, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Discusses plans and recommendations with senior management, investment, and administrative officers. Secures agreement and approvals. Prepares documentation and presents to the Trust Committee for ratification.
- Utilizes investment analytical services and information sources in evaluating characteristics
- and performance of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and otherinvestment vehicles. Acts as the department expert relative to all investment systems including investment performance tracking, modeling, research, the Bloomberg & Thompson System.
- Develops guide lists of investments which may be utilized in the management of client portfolios. Determines applicability, implements and monitors performance.
- Develops model portfolios which may be offered at the account level and/or serve as a guide in developing specific portfolio recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of developments and events that may influence investments. Evaluates and determines how they may impact the Bank’s investment function, recommends an appropriate response.
- Evaluates the quality of Investment vendor services, recommends changes, additions or deletions. Analyzes service offerings, costs/benefits, contract provisions. Recommends appropriate actions to senior management.
- Develops investment recommendations consistent with prudent investment practices, account characteristics, Trust department and client investment policies, risk tolerance, and investment goals of the client.
- Prepares investment programs, documents recommendations and executes. Initiates changes as needed.
- Secures customer, Investment Committee or Trust Committee approvals when necessary.
- Monitors performance of individual investments and overall portfolio.
- Manages an unrestricted composite portfolio of both equities and fixed income to be measured against relevant benchmarks.
Prospect and Client Presentations & Proposals
- Produces or assists in the production of presentation materials utilizing both print and electronic media.
- Prepares investment proposals for prospective clients and in response to institutional RFPs.
- Actively participates in client presentations either solely or in conjunction with the Trust Officers.
New Business Development
- Assists in the departments new business development efforts in conjunction withother members of the WM team but primarily with the new business development officers.
- Through participation in community and industry-related activities, identifies and cultivates referral sources, both inside and external to the Bank.
- Bachelors or better in Finance or related field (Required)
- MBA or Masters (Preferred)
- Demonstrated record of performance
- 2+ years as a Chief Investment Officer (Desired)
- 8+ years: Investment experience including securities analysis and portfolio management. (Required)
- 7+ years: Expertise in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Preferred)
- 6+ years knowledge of tax regulations and tax implications on account types. (Preferred)
- 5+ years of Supervision (Required)
- Chartered. Financial Analyst License (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Litchfield, CT
- Investment: 8years
- Supervisor: 5years
- Tax regulations/implications on investment accounts: 6years
- Chief Investment Officer: 2years
- Microsoft Office: 7years
Required license or certification:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)