Summary: LJA is an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation, and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 25 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
The Chief Inspector oversees all inspection activities for the Construction Engineering & Inspection group on Transportation projects. The person works directly with the Project Manager(s) to adequately staff projects.
- Observes construction work performed by others, ensuring accuracy with plans and specifications
- Interprets plans, specifications, and contracts for roadway, drainage, and/or structural highway construction
- Communicates through verbal and written means and needed for job performance
- Conducts project-level meetings as required
- Meets with clients as need
- Conducts periodic staff meetings with inspectors
- Documents work activities
- Provides status reports to PM(s) on routine basis
- Reviews and mentors work of other inspectors
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- ACI Grade I or NICET Level 1
- Storm water Inspection Certification
- Candidates must have 20+ years overall experience as an inspector for highway construction
- 10+ years supervising inspection staff for highway construction
- Ability to perform work on active jobsite in safe, proficient manner required
- Ability to represent LJA and its clients in a professional manner at all times
- Must have a clear driving record; a DMV check will be conducted
- Travel may be required
- Job sites will have uneven ground and will require walking/standing for long periods of time; possible climbing.
- Work in inclement (hot/cold/rain) weather
- Work non-standard hours/days, including some weekend or holiday work on occasion