Summary: The Chief Inspector oversees all inspection activities for the Construction Engineering & Inspection group on Transportation projects. The person works directly with the Project Manager(s) to adequately staff projects.
- Observes construction work performed by others, ensuring accuracy with plans and specifications
- Interprets plans, specifications, and contracts for roadway, drainage, and/or structural highway construction
- Communicates through verbal and written means and needed for job performance
- Conducts project-level meetings as required
- Meets with clients as need
- Conducts periodic staff meetings with inspectors
- Documents work activities
- Provides status reports to PM(s) on routine basis
- Reviews and mentors work of other inspectors
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- ACI Grade I or NICET Level 1
- Storm water Inspection Certification
- Candidates must have 20+ years overall experience as an inspector for highway construction
- 10+ years supervising inspection staff for highway construction
- Ability to perform work on active jobsite in safe, proficient manner required
- Ability to represent LJA and its clients in a professional manner at all times
- Must have a clear driving record; a DMV check will be conducted
- Travel may be required
- Job sites will have uneven ground and will require walking/standing for long periods of time; possible climbing.
- Work in inclement (hot/cold/rain) weather
- Work non-standard hours/days, including some weekend or holiday work on occasion
Ability to define routine problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve routine problems and/or deal with a variety of variables in situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.