New York, NY
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
8 - 10 years
Posted 9 days ago
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (CIO)
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high-quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State's housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) has overall responsibility for directing, coordinating and planning all activities of the Information Technology Unit. The CIO has day-to-day responsibility for the coordination of information technology systems at HCR and liaising with New York State's Office of Information Technology Services. The CIO will also manage and direct all aspects of information technology for HCR.
At the direction of the Chief Operating Officer:
* Manages and sets the vision of the IT department, which is comprised of the Applications Development, Infrastructure, Information Security and Help Desk groups;
* Participates in the design and implementation of a federated suite of systems / tools / operational supports that is modern, cost-effective, requires the lowest possible cost of ongoing operations and ownership, and aligns with the technology strategy of New York State's Office of Information Technology Services; when practicable;
* Participates in the development and is responsible of the administration of HCR's policies and procedures governing HCR's information technology and its information systems;
* Responsible for the introduction, application and integration of HCR technologies to enhance its workflow, delivery of services, reporting capabilities, and improve productivity across HCR;
* Responsible for the development, maintenance and upgrading of HCR's information security systems, and the development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures protecting HCR's information assets;
* Responsible for the interface of HCR's Information Technology Unit with all other HCR departments and units;
* Coordinates all activity with New York State's Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) to recommend HCR wide IT policy and manage governance process of projects executed on HCR's behalf through ITS
* Actively coordinates with HCR's Project Management Office and Lean team
* Participates in yearly IT audits and prepares response reports
• Manages and directs the preparation of detailed work plans for staff resources and monitors work plans for progress, adjusting resources allocation and priorities as necessary;
• Sets appropriate priority for pending requests for IT services based upon the agency business strategies and input from IT stakeholders;
• Meets with IT program management and customers to determine technical needs, requirements, program priorities and implementation approaches;
• Manages and directs the preparation of project deliverables and the resolution of issues affecting various aspects of the project implementation plans;
• Plans and directs the research analysis, development and implementation of appropriate system development strategies and technologies to meet short-term and long-range agency needs;
• Determines strategies for system security, system architecture, and for disaster recovery and other methods to maintain continuity of business operations to executive management;
• Determines with business unit partners the optimal technology, design, development, implementation and quality assurance methods and project management solutions for each project;
• Directs the development and implementation of various IT systems ensuring compliance with security standards, methods and project schedules and other objectives and ensuring that appropriate resources are available to complete the project;
• Directs the development, implementation and evaluation of test plans and the administration of testing for quality assurance of new systems' functionally (e.g., hardware and software);
• Monitors the status of all ongoing projects and provides guidance and direction to resolve any technical issues, problems or conflicts that may arise;
• Negotiates contracts for IT services with vendors and/or consultants and contractors;
• Sets policy, standards, and procedures for all areas of IT operation;
• Develops the IT budget in coordination with business unit partners, and the agency budget/finance office;
• Serves as a key member of the overall agency management team;
• Directs IT operations to adhere to overall agency's mission, vision, goals, and objectives;
• Provides guidance and direction to executive staff concerning IT issues.
• Experience supporting a diverse IT department spanning a wide range of technologies, including cloud based systems/infrastructure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), remote access with Citrix/RSA, cybersecurity, malware, firewalls, disaster recovery (DR)/pandemic/penetration testing, Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)/SAP, Java, .NET, FoxPro, Visual Basic, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Windows, Linux, web technologies, MS Office, and ticketing systems.
• Proficient in communicating and presenting at all levels, including Executive, Board of Directors and Agency-wide, and preparation of materials utilizing MS Office/PowePoint/Excel/Word and Visio.
* Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience;
* 10 years' experience in systems management, information technology or related fields with at least 5 years' experience in management of an information technology operational unit;
* Proven track record of expertise in a broad range of information technologies including large scale information systems, computer programming languages, Internet structure and development, network operating systems and end user computing;
* Substantial experience with financial and accounting systems and a working knowledge in the areas of mortgage finance, housing, municipal bonds and insurance;
* Excellent analytical, technical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Exciting opportunity to be part of New York's resurgence to greatness;
• Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
• Promotional opportunities for dedicated professionals.
New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)