Chief Information Officer - Global Legal Regulatory & Compliance Technology
This newly established role is a senior leader in our corporate technology team reporting to the Chief Information Officer – Corporate Functions.
The role will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy for IT applications, platforms and processes in support of the AIG’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
As a technology leader, the individual is responsible for major, mission-critical applications development and/or maintenance of core systems and/or projects involving multiple managers and/or project managers.
In addition to ownership of technology platforms and project execution, the individual is required to collaborate closely with other IT groups on strategy, design, implementation and support of technology platforms.
1) Technical owner for multiple platforms supporting the Global Legal Regulatory and Compliance functions and Corporate Secretary
- Responsible for developing, communicating and implementing a comprehensive technology vision for the GLCR function
- Lead and participate in the technical design and implementation of systems which are complex and/or large in scope
- Review and analyze existing infrastructure and processes to both leverage existing capabilities and drive toward centralized, robust, automated target architectures
- Maintain and extend system components once established in production. This includes managing the software development lifecycle and troubleshooting production issues to ensure timely resolution with a high standard of impact analysis and explanation to all relevant parties
- Oversee and lead the technical integration of both proprietary and third party systems
2) Technical lead for execution of strategic programs
- Responsible for technical execution of multiple concurrent projects that with cross-functional integration involving combinations of platforms and technologies and multiple groups to complete
- Collaborate with program managers, business leads and other delivery teams to align priorities and ensure plans and status are coordinated and clearly communicated up and down the organization
3) Collaboration with key stakeholders
- Responsibility for user engagement and satisfaction
- Collaborate with other IT teams and AIG departments to understand requirements and align priorities and expectations to deliver relevant, robust and scalable technology solutions
- Work to integrate processes and technologies developed by other teams into established, production-worthy platforms
- Incumbent typically manages system resources (e.g., developers and related support) that are dedicated to related systems and projects
- Collaborate with other systems teams to leverage shared resources and ensure consistency and compatibility of approach, technology and support model
Prior experiencesupporting IT delivery for Legal Operations using traditional and innovative hosting solutions and development methodologies (e.g. Cloud, Waterfall, Agile, DevOps).
Strong influencing, communications and marketing skills.
High focus on understanding and meeting the strategic needs of the Legal and IT functions.
Able to operate/traverse at all levels of the organization- up, down and lateral.
Strong sense of Ownership and Accountability with an “operational attitude” towards day to day workings.
Strong relationship management skills with proven track record of delivering against projects involving multiple, distributed execution teams and user groups.
Hands-on technical background.
Driven and self-directed.
Organized with a high attention to detail.
Excellent communication and writing skills.
Demonstrated understanding of data analytics and how to convert data into meaningful information for partners across Business and IT.
Demonstrated financial acumen to manage budgets, internal allocation and charge back methodologies, and educate/communicate total cost of ownership to IT and business leaders.
10+ years of executive level experience.