$250K - $500K(Ladders Estimates)
SUMMARY: Central City Concern is unique organization providing supportive affordable housing, health care, and employment services with the long-term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) provides oversight and leadership for IT-related solutions to optimize value within CCC's divisions, while innovating to achieve population-based quadruple aim outcomes through integration across divisions. This position is responsible for overall quality assurance, security, IT internal customer service, and development of IT data and information.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Translate IT-related local and national trends (e.g., value-based reimbursement, compliance, EHR requirements) with CCC's unique opportunity to integrate solutions to improve health and end homelessness into a cohesive IT strategy and road map
2. Create, implement and monitor CCC's IT vision and strategy aligned with operational needs and the organization's strategic plan
3. Provide leadership and transparency in balancing the value of optimizing within versus integrating across services lines
4. Educate senior leaders on emerging technology trends opportunities and threats
5. Establish effective IT governance for IT controls and business value
6. Establish and operate a project portfolio management and budget process that deploys, tracks and adjusts projects and resources
Business Value Enabler
7. Establish and measure the business value of every major IT investment
8. Partner with Health Services leadership to create clinical informatics capability to support improved patient outcomes, value-based reimbursement, and joy-in-work
9. Collaborate with business sponsors to improve business process design, operations measurement and change management related to IT investment
10. Facilitate a training and optimization strategy that assures efficiency, top-of-license proficiencies
Business Intelligence & Analytics
11. Provide oversight, leadership and mentoring to CCC's business intelligence function for the purpose of data analytics, population health and reporting
12. Educate CCC leaders and lead CCC's data governance activities
13. Leverage data and analytics to create maximum impact for improved client and business outcomes
14. Facilitate the development of CCC's Measurement System, creating performance visibility from the Board to the front-line
15. Assist CCC in navigating the landscape of externally-derived, claims-based measures and internally-derived evidence-based measures for provider/team feedback and improved performance
16. Provide oversight and leadership for CCC's data warehouse in support of population strategies and initiatives
Technical & Security Capabilities
17. Enhance CCC's technical architecture
18. Effectively manage CCC's IT contracting and overall budget to maximize value
19. Establish, monitor and perform on internal service-level agreements (SLAs) with business units
20. Develop and maintain strong customer service-based relationships with internal customers within CCC to promote operational excellence and integration for all business functions.
21. Manage technology obsolescence and vendor risks
22. Serve as CCC's Information Security Officer
Accountable for enterprise risk related to information security
Enforce policies and procedures to ensure the protection of the IT assets and the integrity and privacy of information entrusted to/maintained by CCC
Oversee the development, education and maintenance of P&P to comply with state and federal confidentiality, privacy and security regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
23. Develop a high-performing IT department
Recruit, hire and supervise department leaders and staff
Ensure employee issues are managed in accordance with CCC Policies and labor contracts.
Mentor direct reports and matrixed teammates to create a culture of accountability and continual quality improvement.
Provide opportunities for professional development for staff.
24. Create department annual objectives and performance metrics for the transformation of IT processes, capabilities and operating model
25. Lead, manage and coach IT team members to achieve established objectives
26. Responsible for budgeting of IT/IS which includes budget analysis, performance monitoring and variance management
27. Accountable for all CCC IT-related vendor contracting and performance management
28. Lead build versus buy decision-making
29. Maintain a physical working space that is safe, efficient and encourages effective collaboration
30. Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners' and outside providers' patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee
31. Attend all mandatory CCC trainings in a timely manner.
32. Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved communities during decision-making process.
2. Ability to consider impacts of oppression, structural racism, and individual bias on client outcomes.
3. Knowledge and experience in Health Information Technology, including EHR deployment and management, data warehousing and analytics technologies and practices.
4. Able to demonstrate high degree of independence, initiative and organization. Able to conduct job responsibilities independently as well as in a highly collaborative management model.
5. Able to develop and manage people and projects in a highly matrixed environment to achieve and/or exceed organizational objectives.
6. Able to set goals, prioritize, delegate work and provide feedback to others to complete multiple tasks on or before deadline.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively develop high performing teams.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate with a diverse population in a consistently informative, confident, respectful and professional manner.
9. Ability to remain solution-focused and respectful in all interactions with staff, co-workers, vendors, and clients.
10. Demonstrated ability to understand and compose complex oral and written communications including business proposals, contracts, laws, rules, grants, policies and procedures.
11. Ability to conduct job responsibilities in a constantly changing financial, regulatory and service environment.
12. Experience with budgeting practices, procedures and management.
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems or a related field required, Master's degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 10 years professional experience in managing information technology and information system; ITIL experience preferred.
3. Minimum 3 years of senior IT leadership, guiding organizational IT strategy within a health services organization.
4. Must have extensive knowledge of systems integration and information exchange technologies, healthcare industry standards, database applications, software development, network administration, telephony, hardware and Windows-based computing environments.
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of two years sobriety is required.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. Must possess a current driver's license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern's Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial driver training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
8. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
9. Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
10. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
PLEASE READ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Valid Through: 2019-11-11