Chief Human Resources Officer
Innovative family-owned bank seeks visionary CHRO to drive people strategy, to develop talent and evolve employee engagement, and, to expand its employee- and client-centric culture!
For over 100 years, First Bank has dedicated itself to building life-long relationships, providing sound financial advice and tailoring solutions to client needs, particularly within the small- and mid-sized, privately held and family owned organization sector. With a relentless focus on the long-term goals of valued clients and a deep respect for the communities in which they sit, First Bank credits its success not only to an entrepreneurial spirit and family-owned culture, but also to a diverse and devoted employee base. Success begins and ends with people at First Bank: teamwork, courage, integrity, passion and responsibility are just a few of the core values that has enabled First Bank to become one of the nation’s largest family-owned banks.
In alignment with strategic directives, First Bank is now seeking an innovative Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). This newly defined leadership role will require a visionary leader with the ability to flex between a wide range of strategic duties and tactical responsibilities, including, but not limited to driving First Bank’s people strategy, workforce planning, talent acquisition, and talent management. The CHRO will also spearhead critical culture initiatives, employee engagement strategies, and, hold responsibility for all traditional HR leadership functions. Ideal candidates bring an expertise in change management, compensation design and organizational development, and, will enjoy flexing in scope and function to build out people practices to further First Bank’s strategic goals.
Reporting directly to the Chairman and CEO, while serving as a key member of the First Bank Executive Leadership Team, our Chief Human Resources Officer will:
- PROVIDE VISIONARY EXECUTIVE HR LEADERSHIP – Serve as key member of the First Bank Executive Team. Partner closely with the Chairman and President, General Counsel, Chief Risk Officer, business leaders, and all members of First Bank’s Management Committee. Interface with the Board in matters related to Human Resources. Participate in the strategic planning process and provide the guidance necessary to assist the CEO in setting vision, determining direction and implementing strategy. Ensure that talent remains a top organizational priority and foster a healthy sense of accountability across the organization.
- INSPIRE A HIGH-PERFORMING HR TEAM – Provide leadership for a team of ten (10) HR professionals; including four (4) key direct reports. Develop, assess, and retain talented HR leadership who are well leveraged and properly positioned to support First Bank’s growth initiatives while serving as critical business partners for internal management and as accessible resources for all employees. Foster a culture that promotes teamwork and grassroots problem solving and prevention, excellence in execution, innovation, and change implementation. Coach and enable managers and staff members to effectively and productively interact with other departments.
- ATTRACT, ENGAGE, DEVELOP & RETAIN TOP TALENT – Qualified and engaged employees are the life blood of our organization. All HR policies, programs, and practices must recognize the value of our employees as our most valued asset. This position will work closely with the Management Committee to identify and implement best practices in the areas of recruitment, orientation, employee development, performance management, retention, and, compensation and benefits. Particular emphasis will be focused on becoming an “employer of choice” for potential employees and increasing the capacity of existing employees through effective assessment, and, proactive and intentional career development.
- CREATE A CULTURE OF ACCOUNTABILITY, COMPLIANCE & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT – Promote a culture of accountability, compliance, and, continuous improvement. Partner with the Management Committee and other leaders to focus on accountability while fostering a culture of continuous improvement. Partner with the Marketing and Communication team to spearhead all employee communication. Oversee all employee relations and provide guidance necessary to ensure compliance with all First Bank policies as well as local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation organizations. Lead the development of company policies and HR operations to ensure best-in-class HR practices. Particular emphasis will be focused on developing compelling employee development programs to support First Bank’s people and growth strategy.
- PROMOTE A POSITIVE CULTURE & DRIVE EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT – Partner with our Management Committee to ensure that core values and culture initiatives are tied to our strategic plan and reflect the First Bank mission. Foster employee recognition and reward efforts and drive related use of employee engagement and culture development tools. Solicit employee feedback and utilize employee surveys to identify challenges related to job satisfaction and employee turnover. Develop proactive initiatives to engage employees and to build a positive First Bank culture.
- OVERSEE PAYROLL, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS – Oversee First Bank’s benefit provider selection. Implement new benefit plans, communicate plan changes, and address employee questions and concerns. Ensure First Bank maintains competitive offerings that balance with organizational goals. Evaluate and implement new employee programs, and, lead compensation analysis. Partner closely with the Management Committee to assess compensation plans
- CLIENT CARE & CUSTOMER SERVICE – Client engagement and service are at the heart of First Bank. The CHRO will believe in the organization’s mission and champion quality client service as a top HR and organization-wide priority. Respect for the clients, employees, management, Board Members, and, all organizational constituents is a part of our organizational culture. Professional and ethical behavior is expected at all times.
- Minimum of 15-20+ years of progressive HR leadership experience, including a demonstrated track record of leading high-performing HR teams to build people strategy, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, and, an accountable client-focused culture.
- Prior experience serving as a member of a senior leadership team is a must-have. Familiarity in supporting a Board of Directors, advisory board, and/or personal board experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of business operations and a solid financial acumen is required.
- Evidence of successful accomplishments in the area of culture initiatives, diversity and inclusion, employer branding, organizational development, and, employee engagement all required.
- Prior experience in M&A efforts, including HR due diligence and acquisition integration desired.
- Prior HR team supervisory experience is required. Prior experience and leadership in a high-volume talent acquisition environment strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience and genuine enthusiasm for providing both strategic and transactional HR functions is also strongly desired.
- Prior experience within financial services is ideal, but not required.
- Familiarity with providing HR support and strategy for a multi-site organization is a must.
- Knowledge of business operations and HR compliance in the state of California strongly preferred.
- 4-year degree is required; advanced degree and or SPHR certification strongly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of all HR-related laws and regulations (OSHA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.).
Other skills and abilities desired:
- A desire to embrace both strategy development and an ability to lead the hands-on execution of policies, procedures and initiatives… we need a “leader” and a “doer.”
- A willingness to collaborate closely with bank leadership, peers, and direct reports in order to arrive at the best possible decisions for the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact and work well across all levels of the organization. Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills are expected.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to keep information confidential, build rapport, and resolve conflict in a fair and consistent manner.
- Team player with the ability to adapt his or her approach across a diverse employee base.
- Proven ability to proactively identify, advocate for, and implement process improvements and HR policies.
- Strong technology skills, including direct experience with ATS and HRIS systems and a strong proficiency in most Microsoft Office applications.
- Solid work ethic and high ethical standards.
Job Location and Compensation Package
This position will be based in First Bank’s corporate headquarters office in St. Louis, Missouri. Ability to travel nationwide for HR and company-wide events is required. Relocation assistance may be provided. First Bank offers a competitive compensation package, including a base salary, annual bonus, and, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life, STD/LTD benefits as well as a 401(k) plan and additional benefits such as critical illness, identty theft, accident insurance and HSA and FSA programs.
Ready to Apply?
Take the next step and apply in confidence at www.csiapply.com. Simply select First Bank – CHRO and upload your resume. Should you have questions regarding the application process, please contact our search consulting firm, Collaborative Strategies, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries, resume submissions, and, referrals will be held in strict confidence. Please do not contact First Bank directly as this is a retained search. Collaborative Strategies, Inc., (CSI), a St. Louis based consulting firm with a boutique executive search practice, has been connecting executive talent to opportunity since 1994. We take pride in matching talented leaders with growing and entrepreneurial, family-owned organizations such as First Bank.
FIRST BANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | First Bank welcomes difference in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.