***This position is located in Portland, Maine and will require relocation. We have a generous relocation package available for this role. To be considered for this dynamic position you must have large PUBLIC COMPANY and GLOBAL experience.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) oversees all aspects of global human resources, its practices, and operations in order to meet the needs of the constantly evolving business. The role of the CHRO is to build upon the business's current people programs and service delivery strategies, enhancing organizational decision-making and approaches for securing growth on a global scale.
The CHRO is an active member of the Executive Leadership Team, and in strong partnership with the CEO, is the principal strategic advisor on global human capital and human resources directives and initiatives. The CHRO partners closely with key leadership teams to develop, implement, and maintain global HR strategies, functions and systems, facilitates strategic planning and initiatives, change management and organizational design. The CHRO is responsible for leading a global customer-service focused, flexible and responsive human resources team to ensure that HR policies, procedures, and practices are fully levered to support the continued growth of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Executive Team to set global HR strategic direction and translate these strategies into effective organizational plans for optimal employee attainment, engagement, and retention.
- Build and lead an optimal global HR function that addresses roles, capabilities, core functions of each role, and management and accountability for performance.
- Advise and influence leaders on proper staffing, organizational structure and people related processes to maximize organizational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Ensures that the organizational design and rewards structure is reflective of a dynamic business environment and up-to-date modes of working in an increasingly competitive business environment. Influence the compensation process, partnering with the Executive Team to determine global compensation programs across the organization.
- Establishes an executive compensation program that depends on good governance, well-established compensation philosophies, policies and practices that are closely aligned with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Prepares public executive compensationreporting including the compensation discussion and analysis for proxy statement
- Is a strategic leader in global mergers and acquisitions
- Lead the development of a holistic employer brand strategy and plan for execution in each region.
- Create world-class training capabilities to prepare employees to exceed client expectations and develop individual contributors into great leaders.
- Develop and oversee a system of effective performance reviews which rewards high performers and links individual performance to organizational outcomes, values and core competencies
- Recommend and drive the best investments in people to optimize organizational performance and effectiveness.
- Champion and promote an engaged and positive organizational culture.
Manage senior HR leaders across a growing global employee population.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required with a Master's degree and/or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in Human Resources and a minimum of 5+ years in a senior-level HRO position.
- Large public company experience in high growth technology company is required.
- Proven experience managing core global human resources systems including benefits, executive compensation including compensation discussion and analysis reporting, recruitment, M&A, training & development, and employee engagement in a large scale public company.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional certification (SHRM-SCP) desirable.
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Global HRexperience integrating large scale businesses
- Being a credible activist; someone who understands the business well enough to build trust with other leaders
- Contributing business acumen; a leader who can talk easily about the business especially in financial terms
- Managing talent; a person who can align HR strategies and tactics with organization goals
- Leading cultural alignment and strategic change?someone who can lead?and sustain?change efforts
- Demonstrates operational efficiency - broad knowledge and experience in all aspects of human resources including recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development, and organizational design.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and proven ability to operate effectively, even when things are not certain or unclear.
- Skilled in building partnerships and working collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Clear and demonstrated communication and coaching skills.
- Strategic ability to drive creative organizational improvements and people decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues, evaluate difficult situations and effectively drive multiple teams on independent tracks simultaneously.
- Proven leadership in development of an HR team and providing effective leading-edge support.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment with regular computer use.
- Travel required primarily to other site locations (up to 50%).