Providence is calling a Chief Financial Officer to Providence Seward Medical and Care Center in Seward, Alaska.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the financial, accounting and MIS activities to assure an effective and efficient operation.
- Have direct responsibility for the financial activities of the facility, Health Information, Business Office Services, Accounts Payable, and Finance departments.
- Be responsibility for financial analysis and forecasting, budgeting, reimbursement and rate review and accounting systems and operations.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership and Senior Leadership Teams.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, health or other related field
- 5 years of experience in accounting or a related field with specific experience in health care finance including third party reimbursement and financial analysis
- 1 year management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- A working knowledge of computers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s degree
- Hospital Financial Professional Certification (HFMA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Previous Critical Access Hospital experience