Do you have a passion for technology, the defense industry and safeguarding communication solutions? Our client, headquartered near Washington, DC, has an opportunity for a stand-out individual to become a part of a leading communications/ computing solutions for government and commercial clients. This company is one of the industry’s leading domestic providers of high-quality systems used in the Aerospace & Defense industry. This is a very hands-on position and will require strong attention to detail, a proactive attitude, with a strong focus in meeting/ exceeding deadlines. The candidate selected will execute and maintain a strong leadership style within the accounting, finance and operations areas that is “service oriented” in providing information to other areas within the organization. The ability to motivate the team and manage several projects simultaneously, is key in this role.
- Guarantee that accurate and timely financialreports and analyses are provided as required by management, the group president and firm’s partners
- Provide solid leadership to the financial team
- Financial representative to government agencies, funding agencies and general public.
- Provide dependable forecasts of sales, profits and cash flows for the business
- Ensure that financial controls are designed and maintained in order to protect the assets of the company
- Ensure the operating practices are in observance with state and federal government regulations as well as terms of client contracts
- Coordinate the administrative, business planning, accounting, and financial and budgeting process
- Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Ongoing analysis of cash flow, cash management / Treasury, cost controls and expenses to provide guidance to business leaders. Analyze financial statement to pinpoint potential weak areas
- Evaluate, develop and implement accounting processes
- Develop and implement best practices in regards to finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures
- Ensure records and systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, as well as maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure efficient and timely close of monthly and annual financials
- Direct and coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financialreports, special analyses, and information reports
- Supervise the approval and processing of revenue, expenditures, department budgets, compensation changes, G/L account entry and maintenance
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with an MBA or CPA a plus
- 10-15years of financial management level positions is REQUIRED
- Experience in all aspects of acquisitions: due diligence, financing, and post-acquisition integration
- Solid analytical and accounting skills
- DCAA experience and/or Government accounting systems
- Financial modeling
- Proficient with Excel
Biter & Associates, LLC is a professional firm specializing in direct-hire recruiting/ placement and human resource services.