One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue exceeding $10.7 billion. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 350 inpatient acute care hospitals and behavioral health facilities and 30 outpatient and other facilities located in 37 states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Center for Change provides a welcoming, peaceful and private environment where women can feel comfortable beginning the hard work of fighting back. We have two locations in Utah: Our main campus in Orem offers Inpatient, Inpatient Short-term Stabilization, Residential Treatment, Partial Hospitalization, Independent Living, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient Treatment. Our Cottonwood Heights location is situated just outside of Salt Lake City and offers Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient programs. Our Boise, Idaho campus is located in a beautifully restored home in the historic Hyde Park District of Boise's North End neighborhood. This location offers a day program (PHP) and an evening intensive outpatient program IOP) to meet the needs of those who do not require an inpatient setting but need more support and structure beyond traditional outpatient care.The ideal CFO will have extensive experience in Hospital Facility and Outpatient Healthcare Financials preferably in a behavioral health setting. This position is a member of the hospitals leadership team. Providing financial leadership and day to day financial management. Including oversight of business office operations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, general ledger, monthly close, yearly close, financial reporting, budget preparation and FTE management.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables. Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
- Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
- Prepare annual budget in conjunction with UHS standards. In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role in a healthcare setting, behavioral health strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred
- Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
- This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- UHS Stock Options opportunity
- UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
- UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.