Tilson Technology Management, Inc. “Tilson” is looking to hire a CFO, which is a new role at Tilson, located at our new modern HQ in Portland, Maine. The CFO will report to the CEO, lead Tilson’s finance team, participate as a member of senior management, work with and support the board of directors, and steward the financial health of Tilson, it’s telecom public utility affiliate SQF, LLC, and soon, a start? up infrastructure investment fund.
Tilson Description: Tilson is on a mission to build America’s Information Infrastructure. Tilson’s ~400 employees design and build physical telecommunication infrastructure – fiber and wireless networks, as well as software information system infrastructure. Tilson is a high growth company – roughly doubling the business annually. Tilson’s culture is all about the team – it’s a place where it’s not only important to be expert at your job, but more important to support and elevate your team members. Because of this team focused environment, Tilson has attracted nearly 50% veteran employees. Tilson’s customers are in the construction, utility, telecom carrier, and government sectors. Finance Team Description:
Tilson’s finance team includes a strong controller (Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional) and around 10 staff accountants. Tilson’s ERP system is Sage 300 CRE, with reporting and analytics in Qlik, and all systems are located in the cloud. HR and IT report into senior managers that are peers to the CFO.
Chief Financial Officer Job Responsibilities: Leads the finance team, financing activities, and develops the financial well?being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans; directing staff. Chief Financial Officer Job Duties:
- Act as a business partner to the CEO and senior management team to guide and build value in Tilson
- Leads and manages the accounting team by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Drives internal controls, process, and system improvements to provide for internal customer friendly, lean, and fast transactional processing.
- Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer?service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Assists in developing organization strategies by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization aoperations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Education and Experience:
- MBA and CPApreferred; at least 15 years of applicable business experience of which 10 must be in financial leadership role.
- Construction and Engineering services experiencedesired. CCIFP desired, not required on day one with willingness to complete within one year.
- A strategic visionary with strong technical skills, analytic ability, good judgment and a creative thinker.
- Experience with capital raising (debt and equity) and new business development including M&A
- Excels working in a fast pace high growth environment.
- Strong leader and educator who is trustworthy, willing to share information and serve as a mentor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team work ethic and high functioning cross? functional collaboration
- Strong systems, process and change management experience
- Familiar with the new revenue recognition rules and comfortable with a variety of Work in Process and in a project/construction environment.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment