SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S. Annual Gross Revenue of $250 million.
The Detroit office of SmithGroupJJR is conducting a search for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team. The CFO is responsible for directing thefinancial and accounting operations of the corporation in accordance with company and prudent financial policies, generally accepted accounting principles, tax regulations, and other regulatory and advisory organizations.
Working with us, you will:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the corporation’s financial operations and performance
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Advise Management and the Board on potential solutions to business challenges
An ideal candidate has:
- 15+ years of related experience in all areas of accounting and finance
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Masters degree preferred.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, mentoring, and communication skills
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions preferred
- CPA preferred
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 4 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.