- Proactively support and advise the President and Chief Operating Officer of SVB Capital on key financial and operational initiatives.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team. Is a valuable member of strategic discussions who leverages finance, business and compliance expertise in their contributions
- Assist in formulating the platform’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Participate in development of growth strategies, methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Oversee the financial operations of SVB Capital entities- and assets that are part of the SVB family of products for which SVB Capital is responsible for servicing and performance reporting.
- Implement operational best practices
- Continue to build and develop best-in-class finance team to scale with the growth in the business.
- Enhances and maintains compliance processes, policies and procedures related to SVB Capital partnerships, and other asset structures, policies and procedures, including regulatory requirements for SVB Capital activities, Sarbanes-Oxley, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Facilitate with the investor relations team ongoing reporting of investments and other periodic communication to Limited Partners on fund performance.
- Liaise with corporate personnel and related reporting for corporate initiatives including, but not limited to, the budget process, corporate month end close process, quarterly reporting packages, and various audits.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of SVB and/or funds management.
- Maintain and expand relationships with Limited Partners and with the CFOs of the funds and portfolio companies in which the firm has invested.
- Oversee the issuance of financial audits of the funds as well as all financial information generated for investors and management.
- Report financial results to leadership within SVB Capital and SVB.
- Support corporate (consolidated) financial reporting, operational and bank regulatory reviews and audits as relates to SVB Capital.
- Build deep relationships with key constituents at public accounting firms, internal auditors, and regulatory auditors. Ensure that SVB Capital’s needs are optimized by the service providers we engage with for annual compliance work.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
- Monitor and manage all liquidity needs for the funds including investor capital calls and distributions while optimizing cash flow timing and strategy to maximize returns.
- Ensure sufficient bank lines of credit for managing liquidity and arrange for debt financing.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Manage all third-party relationships including outsourcing and banking.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open compliance, regulatory and legal issues involving the SVB Capital as well as related matters affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems including documentation, policies and procedures and systems.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and the Corporate Accounting Dept. #LI-TR1
- The ideal candidate brings experience as a finance leader within a similarly sized venture capital or private equity firm.
- The CFO will have the intellect and experience to command respect and credibility as a leader of SVB Capital, both internally and externally.
- Candidates must be highly collaborative, bring strong communication skills, and demonstrate the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Preference given to experience with a global venture capital or private equity fund with over $1 billion in assets under management.
- Accounting or Finance degree with accounting work experience required. CPA strongly preferred.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Must possess the ability to drive results while successfully navigating a complex and evolving regulatory environment.
- Superior financial acumen, including experience leading and sophisticated finance organization and providing analytical insight and perspective based on presentation and analysis of financial and operating data.
- Ability to Multi-task and balance priorities while also focusing on bringing projects to completion.
- Experienced at providing valued input on the platform’s future direction and contribute to high level strategic discussions regarding people, systems and processes.
- Adept at owning approach to varying audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles.
- Capable at engaging and leveraging the perspectives of others both inside and outside of SVB Capital and SVB.
- Developing and advancing strategic plans, including compliance frameworks and policies, operating initiatives.
- Spending time identifying all stakeholders necessary for SVB Capital’s initiatives, meeting or connecting with all of them, with an aim to shape a collective consensus.
- Communicating complex financial concepts and approaches to regulatory issues in a clear and concise manner to different audiences both internal and external audiences.