Need an experienced, talented Financial Executive to become the CFO of this established, 50+ employee, New Jersey based construction firm. The candidate will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management of the company's operations. In this role, the person shall provide leadership and coordination in the business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the company, while working in conjunction with our COO in their operational efforts.
Experience with a construction company is desired. The ideal candidate is collaborative, reliable, and innovative with strong business instincts. Must be capable with supporting and advising the ownership of the company on all financial aspects of the business and be capable of being an integral part of the top management team.
· Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
· Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
· Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
· Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
· Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
· Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
· Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
· Manage Banking relationships.
· Lead the daily financial oversight and management of the Company
· Collaborate closely with sales and marketing to support their initiatives and provide pricing analysis and recommendations. Ability to handle standard cost accounting system.
· Deal with customer chargebacks.
· Strong IT skills including the administration of existing, and recommendation/implementation of new financial and project management systems.
· Work with outside auditors including CPA firms to develop annual certified financial statements and with bank auditors.
· Monitor and manage all cash flows.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
· A minimum of 15+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership; preferably in the construction industry
· Experienced with cash flow forecasting and maximization
· Prior experience in budget preparation and monthly financial statement preparation and analysis
· Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrate ability to work in collaboration with other members of the Executive Management Team, bankers, and outside accountants
Valid through: 8/27/2020